Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Pink and White Lady's Slipper - Coloring Day 8

Yes, friends - I'm still at it. Today's Day 8 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge - time for me to watercolor!! I brought out the Yasutomo watercolor palette again, plus one of Prima Metallics and a pot of very bright green & one of very pink Twinkling H20s that I've had forever but not used. Decided to try a Gina K Designs stamp of the Minnesota State Flower - the Pink and White Lady's Slipper. See a photo here on a MN gov't site; that was my reference for the coloring.


I stamped the flower and butterflies with Old Paper Distress Ink on Tim Holtz watercolor paper. Then I added watercolors with various brushes, detailing a bit with a pencil (non-watercolor) once dry. The Prima metallics added a bit of shimmer, plus they stayed thicker so I was able to add some white  where my flower had gone greyish. Very hard to color white, it's not really stark white! Here's a closer look:

Stamps - Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 7

I liked how the flower turned out, though I'm sure I could do more to detail it. See the darker yellow area on the flower? It's one drop of watered down Karin marker. I got three with a recent My Monthly Hero kit and hadn't tried them yet. One drop was plenty on this. I didn't really like my butterflies but they probably aren't the best images for coloring (a lot of solid areas). Dabbed some blue around for a "sky" and called it done!!

Thanks for stopping and thanks again to the amazing Kathy at The Daily Marker for encouraging us to get out there and color. So many talented people put my efforts to shame but it's a chance to develop my skills - I really appreciate the opportunity!!

Oh - but before you go - a photo of Misty, this time napping. She looks so sweet and innocent! I didn't get a photo of her "helping" me add string twine to a card yesterday - LOL... She goes home today - I'm going to miss her!!




5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Super sweet card Linda. Love your orchid, do beautifully coloured.

Rosemary said...

your coloring is just lovely, linda! they always look so sweet and innocent when they are asleep!

Jean said...

Just WOW!

Betty said...

you did it on that lovely lady slipper!! and love the sweet pic of Misty - I"ve had my daughter here all week along with her two pomeranians - fun week.

Greta said...

Lovely panel with those pretty watercolors & can just imagine how Misty helped with the twine--haha! Seems like you were just getting ready for her to come!