Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 6, 2020

Day 6 of the 17th 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Hey there - I'm back with the "finished" yellow blossom panel for Day 6 of Kathy's (The Daily Marker) 30 Day Coloring Challenge. I made it into an A2 card.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV black A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Gina K Designs + Hero Arts - PR101 Friendship Blooms
Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 7 (sentiment)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired)
Other - Hero Arts Intense Black Ink; various color pencils

I store most of my plain pencils (various brands) together in a basket as you may have caught in other posts. I keep water color pencils and metallics separate. I just pulled colors I liked for this panel and got to work (took me a couple days to finish). I'm sure there's more detailing and shading I could have done but I was ready to move on to other projects.

So here's my main coloring for Day 6, just doing a few summer items for a future card. These are from a retired Hero Arts clear set called "Let's Chill".



That's it for today, friends! I'm off to find some lunch and to check the progress of the tree trimmers. I had an Ash taken out in front; no disease but ash bore has been spotted in our area so it was just a matter of time. It was too close to another tree so I kept the River Birch.

Thanks to Kathy for the lovely 30 Day Coloring Challenge and thanks to you for visiting!!

7 comments:

Jean said...

Wow and wow! Stunning!

Betty said...

so pleased to see your lovely finished product - i know what you mean about wanting to get one with something else after coloring so long. just had my very large ash tree chopped down a few weeks ago - it was a street tree so the city took it down but they are replacing them in the fall - i'll be dead and gone before the new one gets as big as the one they chopped down!!

Cindy C. said...

The yellow blooms are gorgeous, such happy colors!!

Greta said...

Problems with Birch trees here, too. Love how the GK image turned out, Linda--beautiful!

Dawn T said...

stunning Linda. Your flower is incredible. Well worth the effort and time. And can't wait to see your little summer bits on a card.

Cat Craig said...

beautiful. especially love those yellow blooms.

JoAnn said...

Just beautiful. You are doing a great job with the 30 day coloring challenge. The blooms on this card are so pretty. TFS