Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Christmas in July!

Happy 4th of July in the USA!!! Kind of a let-down celebration, given the pandemic - no fireworks here or any big celebrations. Usually my chorus would be singing in the parks this summer but we're still holding rehearsals on Zoom and singing by ourselves at home. I met a couple chorus friends this morning for coffee, though - with appropriate distancing!!

Oh well, on to today's card - it's Christmas in July at Die Cut Divas and I really wanted to make the effort to join in this time. CAS Christmas also announced its new challenge - Nativity so I decided to combine both challenges.

Supplies: Paper -  Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic; Paper Studio glitter;
Poptone Black Licorice;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb
Stamps - Hero Arts CM374 Color Layering Nordic Tree (sentiment)
Dies - Penny Black Manger; Spellbinders Labels 36 (retired);
Other - Foam tape; Krylon Silver Leafing Pen; Copic C00

Pretty self explanatory. I edged the label using the leafing pen then blended along the inside edge with C00 Copic to even it out. Still not perfect but, hey - it's homemade!! I secured the label with foam tape but the black circle was layered three times for a little dimension there. Was considering "peace" as the sentiment as I've done before but found a little "Silent Night" sentiment and liked the look. Decide to cut a star from the manger scene using the glitter paper too, cutting off the part connecting to the circle and layering atop the gold one. Done! Another Christmas card for the stash and I'm proud to say I'm up to 49 - amazing for me this time of the year!!

Will also enter at Di's Pixie Snippets Playground Challenge since everything except the card base was cut from the paper in the scrap box (well, one of the many boxes....sigh).
**Update - deleted Pixie Snippets since I already played once this fortnight - only one entry per challenge! Thanks to Di for letting me know - hey, I'm new!!**

And now for a bit of Day 4 of Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. I stamped the same Gina K Designs Friendship Blooms as for yesterday's card but I'm coloring with pencils. Not good at this but I'll give it at least 10 minutes a day and see when I can get 'er done.... I did what you see in 30 minutes.


Thanks for stopping and have a crafty weekend!! *** PS below challenge badges...

Grab our Badge  

*** PS If you're still with me, here's a photo of my little houseguest, Misty the cat - isn't she adorable?! Please ignore all the crafty piles laying around and the dying plants in the background!! This is my dining room, not that you'd know it from all the crafts..... Can you relate?


Catch ya later....

19 comments:

Betty said...

your Christmas card so classy and elegant
your coloring lovely and lookin' good
and Misty - she really is adorable!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Linda, and so fun to see Misty as she surveys her new albeit temporary kingdom.

Cindy C. said...

The Christmas card is so beautiful and elegant!! Thanks for playing along our July challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn T said...

Super beautiful and elegant Christmas card...(putting on my Die Cut Divas's hat...and say so glad you joined us!) love the nativity scene. You are doing so well with your pencils. Keep it up!

Jules said...

Hi Linda

A really lovely nativity card and the start of your colouring challenge looks like it is off to a good start.

Had to smile at your dining room .. .. I can definitely relate. Not to the cat or the dying plants but definitely the piles of craftiness. In fact it isn't just my dining room, it is also the living room and the bedroom LOL!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Arlene said...

Your card is so elegant and lovely. Keep up the work on those pencils. I like what you've accomplished in 30 minutes. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Christmas in July" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and oh so pretty Linda!! I love the gold and silver with the black & white too...it just looks SO elegant! And YAY for getting 49 cards done so far...that's AWESOME!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Christmas!! Hugs. :0)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Linda! I love that you chose gold foil on a black background...it's so elegant, and perfect for a nativity scene! I love how you framed it, too! Way to go with 49 cards...it's really going to pay off around the holidays :)
Beautiful coloring with your pencils on those lovely blooms and leaves...especially in 30 minutes! I think Kathy will be very impressed when this card is complete!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Di said...

Hi Linda. I'm so sorry but I have to delete this card as you can only enter once per challenge. However, it's absolutely lovely and please don't be put off! I have few rules but multiple entries is one of them - along with only entering up to 10 challenges with your make. It's just to keep a level playing field.

Do play again next time!

Hugs

Di xx

R's Rue said...

Love it so much

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Linda! Love the clean and simple design! Misty looks so sweet!

Jean said...

Stunning Christmas card!

Greta said...

Misty is a cutie & hope her shenanigans are kept to a minimum this visit! Love the label die cut behind the nativity--gorgeous, CAS card! Your coloring with pencils is beautiful, Linda!

Di said...

Hi Linda - I did laugh at your amended blog post above! So funny. i did originally allow up to three entries but, as the them of snippets is so 'loosely defined' I tightened it up to give everyone a fair crack at the prize and also to control the number of comments I needed to make to be honest as i was struggling. And, I do ask people to say a positive yes so I know they're playing for the prize - that's due to a couple of times when folk only said afterwards they didn't want the prize - which meant the hassle of doing the draw all over again. I run this show single handed so have to keep things as slick as possible.

Hugs

Di xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely nativity die cut in gold against the black Linda - so pretty with your framing and touches of silver! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS Christmas - my cat, Scout, looks just like your house guest Misty!

Trina P. said...

The gold, silver and black is so pretty. A beautiful CAS card. Glad to see you joining us at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

Your Nativity scene is so beautiful, Linda! Great idea to outline the label ... it looks awesome! Such a gorgeous die-cut image that is very elegant out of gold. And the silver glitter really adds some lovely sparkle. Amazing card Linda! And great work with your colouring. I did a little bit of colouring today, so I'm feeling good about that. Misty is lovely. I bet she cuddles too. :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an elegant and classy Nativity card, Linda! Love the shine from the gold foil and silver glitter paper! The outlining of the label gives definition to the label. The layout is wonderful!
Good for you to do the coloring everyday!
Misty is so cute!
Thank you for sharing the Nativity card with us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card! Love everything about it!