Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 1, 2020

Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge 9

Hey there - I'm playing along with the current Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge, running until Thursday June 11.


I just love sketch challenges and had fun with this one - first, here's the sketch, from Julee Tilman (Poetic Artistry):


Here's my take on it:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Sunshine A2 card (retired); 
various Lawn Fawn 6x6 patterns
Stamps - Hero Arts CL184 Thoughtful Messages (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts DI128 Daisy Cutting Set by Lia Griffith (retired), 
DI145 Kelly's Documented Stamp & Cut (retired)
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)
Other - Memento Rosebud ink; Michael's gem;
Hero Arts ribbon from some My Monthly Hero kit

I loved Julee's inspiration card with the neutral papers! I chose something a little brighter for my mom's friend Dot who likes color & flowers. I substituted a tag for the rectangle element - just love these Infinity Tags!! I tend to have my sentiment on the right so I arranged my sketch elements running that way. Before the pandemic closed stores, I found some retired Sunshine A2 card packs - love, love, love!! Please, can you bring these back Hero?

I bought a bunch of these Hero Arts/Lia Griffith flower die sets years ago and haven't used any until now. Not sure why not; they're darling! Especially love the veins on the leaves in the Daisy set I used today. Sorry but now I can't find it to list the name - duh! Guess my crafty clean-up went a little too far!! Since this is my first time using the flower die, I will add to Darnell's NBUS challenge for never-before-used schtuff. ** Update - found the set in its packaging sitting under my address book - I was getting cards ready to mail and it got covered!! I added it to the supply list.**


Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe, healthy & crafty!!

7 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful die cut flower/leaves & great use of the sketch, Linda! I'm not great with sketches, especially one with so many elements.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love all the layered papers and pretty flower. TFS

Jean said...

Great colors and patterns!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Love the gingham and polka dots with the pretty flowers.

Rosemary said...

What a pretty take on the sketch, Linda!

Darnell said...

I love how you flipped the sketch and kept everything else true to the layout with your pretty pp, plaid tag, and pretty yellow daisy to go with the sediment! I'm sure Dot loved this and will treasure it, Linda! Keep staying safe and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE your use of the die cuts for that sketch. Your pretty layering of papers is perfection!!