Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 5, 2020

Blue Roses

Hi all - if you spotted my previous post with the raspberry/rose/cream roses, I said I'd share some cards I made with blue roses. I love the Everything's Rosy stamp set from Sunny Studio and made several cards this spring with it, along with the matching dies. First up, a card for my friend Heather who had a birthday in early May. Given the mail issues due to covid19 she didn't get it on time but it arrived before the end of May - yay!!

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Sunshine A2 card (retired);
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Stampin' Up green;
BoBunny Boulevard & Cottontail 6x6
Stamps - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy (with matching dies);
Hero Arts CL139 Birthday Messages (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired);
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals S4-425; Avery Elle Quilted Frame
Other - Michael's gems; Inks - various Hero Arts & Memento

Heather loves blue and I had some beautiful BoBunny paper with some blue roses in it. I thought blue stamped roses would be perfect with it. What do you think? Heather loved them! Since I had the set out with the MISTI, I stamped a bunch of these roses. More ended up on my parents' anniversary card - they celebrate the day after Heather's birthday. I used some of the same papers, just in a bit different way. When I cut the quilted mat for Heather's card, I had a perfect frame left over. Decided to use it on the parents' card.

Supplies: see above plus - 
Sentiment - Hero Arts CL272 All Occasion Messages (retired);
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Die

Many companies have narrow sentiment stamps that fit the TE strips. It's so easy to retain the negative and pop a strip into its slot for stamping. I have a stack of them ready to stamp! Well, that's it for today. I came home Wednesday to a dying water heater and spent yesterday with the plumber in residence installing a new one. He did the water softener and some valves at the same time - everything looks so nice. I'll have him back next week for some other piddly replacements that need doing. Now I can work on some Christmas cards for different challenges.

Thanks for stopping and have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, Linda, this card makes me smile! What a lovely mix!

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the blue roses. I love this set also and have made several cards with blue roses also. TFS
Have a great weekend.

Betty said...

those blue roses are gorgeous! i know about the slow mail to the UK - my kids didn't get their Easter card until two weeks after!

Rosemary said...

really beautiful set of cards, linda! your blue roses are so pretty!

Dawn T said...

Delightful cards Linda. Love the blue roses and the pretty background papers.

Trina P. said...

Another lovely make with that rose layering stamp. Blue is my favourite colour and needless to say I love these blue roses!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both blue rose cards are fabulous, Linda! You layered the stamps perfectly. Using the theme-matching design paper in the background is a great idea. Heather and your parents are lucky to receive your gorgeous cards!
Hideko xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and designs Linda.

Hugs Diane

Jean said...

The layered stamped images are amazing! Your patterned paper is the perfect background.

Greta said...

Beautiful blue roses, Linda!