Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Stay Crafty with Hero - Challenge 2

Hey everyone - I'm back with a card for the new Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge. This one fits me to a tee - Never Seen Ink or as Darnell (djkardkreations) would say NBUS (never before used schtuff). I have plenty of that, despite loving Hero Arts as I do. I'd buy a big pile and then become enamored with one set, leaving the rest to collect dust. Soooo, I pulled out a hibiscus set I'd never used. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; Lawn Fawn plaid;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Hibiscus (retired) & 
Inks - various Distress Oxide, Hero Arts & Memento
Other - Copic Markers, Joy ultra thin foam tape, Michael's gems

I just love these color layering sets and the hibiscus is no exception! Such a pretty look, although I did embellish them. The sentiment comes from a water lily set I've used often but never this sentiment - comes in two words which I combined.

Here's a shot of two flowers, one just stamped and the other stamped then embellished with some shading. In my own inept way, I'm trying to follow Kathy's (The Daily Marker) tips; they really make a difference! I went on to embellish the second flower before applying to my card.


That's it for today friends! We're under a Safer at Home order in MN, giving me plenty of time to make cards. Still need to work on Easter cards but I have a while to get those done. Thanks for stopping and stay safe!!

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Linda. I have a few NBUS that needs some love.

Betty said...

so pretty Linda - and your shading is lovely - that stamp is probably one of my most used HA sets - so now that you've opened it hope to see more cards with that hibiscus!

Rosemary said...

lovely tropical design, linda!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely and summery, Linda. Stay safe.

Jean said...

Love your color choices!

Greta said...

This is just beautiful, Linda! I have at least 1 HA color layering set I've never tried to use, but you make me want to! Stay safe!