Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentines Day!!

Happy Valentines Day to everyone celebrating and Happy Birthday to my birthday twin Lynn! I'll share her card at the end of this post. I'm laughing because the weatherman forecasts a high of 14F, very balmy(?!) for winter in MN. NOTE - photo heavy post ahead!!

I sent a bunch of Valentines but far fewer than Christmas cards, nor did I manage to get any Cards for Hospitalized Kids done. Oh well, next year.... I'll start with a pink/grey version of a card I made for the January Twofer Challenge. I used circles behind the hearts on the previous card but I left them off this one - I felt the paper wasn't as busy. Because I stamped a sentiment banner, I repeated a glitter heart since there are only five decorated heart dies with one solid heart in the set.The Twofer card went to a friend couple; the pink/grey one went to my brother and his wife. Would love to know which you like better.

Supplies: Paper - Grey Shimmer from Anchor Paper;
  American Crafts Valentine (from Target a few years ago)
Momenta Watercolor; Paper Studio vellum & glitter; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb)
Dies - Penny Black All My Hearts;
Memory Box frame - free gift in Die Cutting Essentials magazine
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)  
Stamp - Hero Arts January 2020 My Monthly Hero kit
Other - foam tape; Memento Rosebud ink

Next, a card for my sister Tami in AZ. Had to squeeze in a hemstitch rectangle - love them (enabled by Lin to buy them this year...)

Supplies: Paper - DCWV pink A2 card; Neenah white and red;
Poptone Black Licorice; Doodlebug Swiss Dots; 
American Crafts patterned ; Momenta Watercolor
Dies - My Favorite Things; Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangles;
 Penny Black All My Hearts
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background (with die) and
Many Minis - Holiday (retired)


Next, a card for my parents, using the same patterned paper as above - just love it!! I used an old Hero Arts LOVE die set - I think the script looks so elegant. Popped it onto the Concord & 9th label and added some hearts & a little sentiment strip - done!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV pink A2 card; American Crafts Valentine; 
Momenta Watercolor; Poptone Black Licorice;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - My Favorite Things retired Blueprints; 
Hero Arts Love & Heart (retired)
Concord & 9th Happy Holidays Label Dies
Other - EK Success Sticko hearts

I shopped at Anchor Paper in January and found some fun Valentine supplies, including a candy heart set from Taylored Expressions. Before Christmas I found a fall set on sale there 40% off and used the wreath from that set - truly good for all year round depending on the colors you use! This card went to my auntie in WI.

Supplies - Paper - DCWV pink A2 card; Doodlebug Swiss Dots;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Poptone Black; Momenta Watercolor
Stamps - Hero Arts Autumn Wreath (with die) and retired Valentine sets
Taylored Expressions Filled with Love Stamp & Die Combo
Inks - various Distress Oxide and Memento

My baby sister got this card, made for another January challenge. Finally, the card I sent to Lynn - practically the same as a recent sketch challenge card but with red hearts and the added sentiment. If you think the hearts look like blood splatter, no worries - Lynn's a nurse!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb); 
Momenta Watercolor (pink); Paper Studio glitter
Stamps - Hero Arts January 2020 My Monthly Hero kit;
Your Next Stamp Mini Heart Ink Splatter
Dies - Penny Black All My Hearts
Inks - Memento Rose Bud; Distress Oxide Spun Sugar & Fired Brick

Thanks for bearing with all the photos! My parents got me a lovely cake from Hyvee, then my brother and his wife will celebrate with us tomorrow. Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping!!

6 comments:

Lin said...

Happy Heart Day, Linda, and Happy Birthday, too! Love all your Valentine cards. We're in the deep freeze here today, too - stay cozy!

Rosemary said...

Wishing you a wonderful birthday, Linda! Your cards are absolutely fabulous! Stay warm!

CinnamonSally said...

Wishing you a happy Birthday Linda, love all your fabulous cards.

Dawn T said...

What a fabulous set of cards. Valentines cards are always so happy.

Jean said...

Wow - you've been busy! Terrific cards one and all.

Greta said...

Sorry I'm so late getting here, Linda. Happy Belated Birthday to my almost BD twin! Love your Valentines--especially the first one & that darling wreath!