Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Scramble and CAS(E) this Sketch 355

Some of us old Hero Arts Flickr group members still play in Scrambles (90 minute challenges) with a private Facebook group. If you're an HA person, on Facebook and know Cindy, contact her to be added to the group. Cindy just posted a new challenge, hence my second blog post today. I wanted to play along right away and one of the elements was to use the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #355. I've visited this site various times but only played in one other challenge (see my card for #207 here) - can't believe it was almost 3 years ago!! So I'll add to that challenge too. Here's my take:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Holiday (green) formed to A2 card;
Momenta Watercolor patterned papers; white and chartreuse by unk
Stamps - Hero Arts Canvas Background (retired); 
Your Next Stamp Mini Ink Splatter;
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background (with coordinating die)
Dies - Taylored Expressions Layer it - Rustic Floral
Ink - Peeled Paint, Pine Needles & Salty Ocean Distress Oxide; Memento Tuxedo Black

I still use the old way of stamping a cling background on a formed card - stamp inked and left face up, laying the card atop. However, I lay the stamp on a stamping tool and close the lid onto the card back, pressing the card into the stamp. Saves taping the card into the tool and placing the background stamp on the lid where it might fall off, depending on how old it is.... Really gets a nice impression too!

Here's the sketch:


The funny thing, I was so focused on the sketch that I didn't even think about the fact that our Scrambles must include a Hero Arts item! Luckily I had decided my card base was blah and added the stamped background!! I really like the mini stamps from Your Next Stamp and bought a bunch. These little splatters added the perfect touch. This card took less than an hour, even with photographing and uploading.

I needed a card for a chorus friend who's dying of cancer. So sad - she's battled it for 2 years and was just told she has 6-8 weeks left of life. Very hard for us all at chorus!

Anyway, thanks for stopping and if you missed my earlier post, just click older post. I posted a card for Day One homework for the Online Coloring Challenge Road Trip class ... (yes, I'm behind).

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

fabulous take on the sketch, linda!

donna mikasa said...

Linda! So wonderful to see you joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch! Love your take on the sketch, spatters and all! Hope we'll be seeing you on a regular basis, too!

Cat Craig said...

Linda, Great take on the sketch and the scramble. Those little spatters are so fun and cool that you have it on a stamp. I think I might have one with hearts somewhere. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Greta said...

I don't want anything to do with Facebook, but I do miss the old days of people all over the world crafting during the same 90 minutes. Had a lot of friends because of it & you're one of them! Anyway, great way to use the sketch, Linda!

Jean said...

Lovely combination of elements - lots of great details adding up to a terrific card.