Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

The Christmas Story

Hey everyone - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I just returned home from our chorus holiday show which turned out great!! Besides the chorus and a chorus quartet, we had a small mixed chorus (ten men and ten women) and a high school girls quartet - what a variety, all so talented! I was glad to have a bunch of friends and family attending. What a joy to share songs of the season with a packed audience!! We'll also visit a local care center for a charitable performance next week.

While I'm pretty set for this year's Christmas card mailing, I still wanted to make a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge to tell the Christmas story - "the reason for the season". Decided to go with the Penny Black manger die, always so pretty. I'm also including this in the current Die Cut Divas challenge for Christmas or Winter cards. Haven't played there in a while so thought it was time! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - from various Hero Arts kits
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 - retired (stitched rectangle);
Penny Black Manger; Michael's Mini Word Stamp & Die 
Other - EK Success star

Besides the PB die, I'd brought a bunch of My Monthly Hero kit stuff to my parents' house. Can't remember if I mentioned establishing a small studio there for when I visit. I have multiples of many things, including paper trimmers, die cutting machines etc. Might as well get them used! Anyway, a couple MMH kits had some beautiful shimmery card stock and hand dyed papers. The dark blue and the gold card stock looked amazing to me with the hand dyed paper. I used the reverse side of it, thinking the back looked like a sandscape. While the kit is sold out, you might be able to see the dyed paper here. I cut the manger twice and stacked them, adhering to paper with foam dots. The sentiment die cut was left as a single so the manger stood out more. The shimmer is so beautiful in real life!

That's it for today, friends. Thanks for stopping and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Grab our Badge

7 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful die & lovely papers!

Dawn T said...

fantastic card Linda. The background paper is gorgeous.

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful, serene manger scene! Love the sweet simplicity of your card, Linda. Thanks for joining the challenge even though you've got all your cards sorted for this year, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful die, and card Linda.

Rosemary said...

just beautiful, linda!

Janis said...

This is stunning in its simplicity!! Several of us chose dark blue and gold for our cards this time. I love the rich color combo. This is such a beautiful nativity die. I am so glad you shared your wonderful CHRISTmas card!
Thanks for joining us for "The Christmas Story" at Christmas Kickstart!!

<3
Janis
Guest Elf

Jean said...

So elegant - the dyed paper gives it a really nice look.