Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Twofer Sweets

Hi all - popping in with a quick post for the latest Twofer Challenge to include sweets on two cards. Two different designs and two different occasions, using a stamp, die or stencil in common. Here's my twofer:


I chose a gingerbread person stamp from a favorite Pink and Main set as my common item. For some reason I thought it would make a cute topper for a cake on one card and a sweet Christmas couple on the second. Here's a closer look at each:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV pink A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Momenta watercolor; BoBunny Believe Collection 6x6
Stamps - Pink and Main Cocoa Kisses (retired); Hero Arts for Archiver's wedding cake (retired);
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired); Taylored Expressions Simple Strips
Other - colored pencils; foam tape

I stamped the gingerbread girl, masked her off, then stamped the cake leaving off the wedding topper portion. I colored with pencils as I had left my Copics elsewhere. Wouldn't you know it - while using a blender pen, I got a blob on my girl - noooo! So I stamped another one on the pink watercolor paper and added pink pencil & stamped the face. Nice and quick. Trimmed it out and layered atop the blobbed one, then fussy cut the entire piece leaving a white border. Cut a white stitched rectangle and a rainbow one; layered all onto card and popped the cake with topper with foam tape. Added a Taylored Expressions sentiment strip from my pile.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV brown A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
My Mind's Eye kraft; Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh in the Snow 6x6;
Studio Calico Magical Collection 6x6
Stamps - Pink and Main Cocoa Kisses (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired); Pink and Main Cocoa Kisses dies (retired)
Other - colored pencils; foam tape; Hero Arts lacquer pen

For the Christmas card I used a different gingerbread face on my girl - nice to have that option! I stamped the couple on kraft paper which wasn't as friendly to colored pencils - oh well, used them anyway! Very quick card and on the inside the sentiment reads "Sugar & Spice make Holidays Nice" which is perfect for this sweet challenge!

Thanks for stopping and thanks to Darnell & crew for a fun challenge!!




11 comments:

Rosemary said...

oh what an adorable set of cards, linda! those little gingerbread men are so cute!!

Dawn T said...

Two "sweet" cards Linda. Great use of the gingerbread girl on the top of the cake

CinnamonSally said...

Two great cards here Linda, love that gingerbread stamp and you have used it so well.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, your gingerbread persons are perfect for the challenge. Love that you used one for a baby card so unexpected but perfect! Your other two are darling on the candy cane background. Thank you for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge#21.

Happy Dance said...

Oh Linda, these gingerbread girls are adorable! I would have never thought to use a gingerbread (or "gimmerbread" as one of my granddaughters used to call them...lol) cookie as a sweet! So very clever to make a baby card, too! I can almost see your creation as a centerpiece cake at a shower! Your fussy cutting is perfection - can't make mine look nearly as nice! Love the pair of them on your Christmas card, too. Wonderful coloring, and two fun designs. Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

Darnell said...

What an adorable set this is, Linda, so great for the SWEETS prompt! Little ginger girl looks like a cuddly stuffed toy for the new baby on top of that cake, happily backed with rainbow colors! And she's all cookie in kraft along with her ginger friend on your festive Christmas card! Your two different designs are just cute, cute, cute!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #21! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Well, it certainly did make a cute topper for the cake! That's brilliant! It's not easy to come up with non-Christmas ideas for Christmas stamps, but you sure pulled it off. These cards are both so cute! The faces and colors sure change the look. I'm glad you played with us at Twofer and shared these great ideas!

Jean said...

You've wonderfully showcased the set in two very different cards!

Vicky Hayes said...

One of the reasons I love this challenge is to see how resourcecful everyone is about using their stamps! Who'd have thought you could make such beautiful baby and Christmas cards with a gingerbread girl stamp?! Vicky x

Greta said...

Fun to see what totally different looks you got with the same image! Great cards, Linda!

Anita in France said...

Your little gingerbread girl is so sweet as a topper on that delicious cake, Linda ... and how fun and celebratory are the gingerbread pair on their cute festive Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)