Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, October 14, 2019

A Woodland Scene for Christmas Kickstart

Wow - what a beautiful sunny day we have going in MN, albeit a bit chillier than normal. I'm hoping to get out and about after I finish this post. Today I'm sharing a little scene, inspired by the theme for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge to feature woodland creatures. I used several fun stamp sets and did a little paper piecing to boot - here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV green A2 card; Momenta watercolor; Basic Grey Aspen Frost 6x6;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Penny Black Holiday Trimmings 6x6
Stamps - Paper Smooches Warm Hearts (with matching dies);
Lawn Fawn Snow Day (with matching dies); Michael's Recollections Snowman set
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired); Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders 
Other - Ultra thin foam tape; Distress Markers; Hero Arts lacquer pen; Stickles

I adore the snowman, cardinal & trees in the Paper Smooches set and decided to add some sweet bunnies (my woodland creatures) from the Lawn Fawn set along with some rolling hills. The paper-pieced trees didn't take much time at all. The most time was for the stickles and lacquer elements to dry - I just left all the pieces drying while I did a few other things around the house. Everything went together quickly after that! Yay - another Christmas card done!! I'm up to 69 in the stash so am well on track.

Thanks to Jo at Christmas Kickstart for another fun challenge & for the random prize I won for challenge 20!! She'll be sending it in the mail and I can't wait to get it.

Thanks for stopping and for your kind comments! Have a wonderful week!!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

your snowy little scene is absolutely adorable, linda!

Lin said...

Too cute, Linda! Love how you brought all these images together for a sweet scene!

Dawn T said...

So cute Linda. A lovely little scene.

Cindy C. said...

This is super adorable Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, love the paper piecing and the sweet scene you've created. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x PS Can you message me your address please?

Jean said...

Be still my patterned paper beating heart! Love!

Greta said...

Love the paper piecing! Great scene, Linda!