Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Twofer Critters

Woo hoo - time for critters!! I was able to crank out a couple cards for this month's Twofer Card Challenge announced today. Hopefully my photos aren't too dark as the sun was starting to go down when I finished! I assessed my Christmas card production and decided I needed to step it up! So, I'll probably be including a Christmas card for every Twofer for a while!! I had a birthday sentiment in my pile from Taylored Expressions so I went with that theme for card two. My stamps in common are the kitty and doggy from a fun Hero Arts Stamp and Cut set.




Here's a closer look at each, plus a supply list:

Supplies: Paper DCWV Ms Sparkle green A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White,
Lawn Fawn Knit Picky, Paper Studio holiday red
Stamp, plus matching dies - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background;
Hero Arts Fluffy Stockings Stamp and Cut and 
Playful Ampersand (an exclusive for Archiver's store - long defunct)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (stitched rectangles)
Other - Copic markers, foam tape,
Ink - Fired Brick Distress Oxide, Memento Tuxedo Black

Kitty is grey, don't know why she turned out so blue in the photo?! I found the ampersand stash during a clean up effort (yes, never-before-used) and knew it would tie the sentiments together perfectly. Have been enjoying the grey patterns in the Knit Picky pad - will have more Christmas cards including this paper.

Supplies: Paper DCWV Ms Sparkle blue A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White,
Carta Bella It's a Celebration 6x6 pad, unknown blue for pocket
Stamp, plus matching dies - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background 
Die - Frantic Stamper Jeans Pocket
Other - Copic markers, foam tape, Memento Tuxedo Black ink

For card two I stamped the kitty and doggy heads and carefully trimmed away any parts of the stockings. The blue jeans pocket was an item I die cut while at Heather's back in July. She had this yummy blue cardstock so I die cut a bunch of these pockets - thanks again Heather!!

Yay - another Christmas card for the stash - I'm up to 48 now!! Plus a birthday card for an animal lover; I know many :) Thanks to Darnell and crew for another fun challenge. Thanks to you for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Betty said...

cute cards, Linda - the kitty and puppy in the pocket and stockings are perfect for this challenge

Jean said...

These are both terrific - and so different! How fun to feature them for a holiday and an occasion.

Dawn T said...

Very clever and sweet cards Linda. Cool idea to make a Christmas card and a birthday card with the same kitties.

Vicky Hayes said...

What adorable pup and kitten Linda! Perfect to have them peeking out of the stockings for the Christmas card and getting on so well in the pocket for the birthday card! Thanks for your comment on my blog - we never forget our furry friends do we. Glad that Misty comes to visit you sometimes now :)

Rosemary said...

awww... what a cute set of cards, linda! so perfect for the twofers challenge!

Kate said...

adorable critters - great cards!!!

Darnell said...

Using these cute critters was a great idea for your Twofers, Linda! That pp background on your Christmas card really is delicious! (Aren't Siamese a very dark blue-gray? I'll bet this little lady is part Siamese, part white. Actually, are there "mutts" in the cat world, I wonder? I don't think I've heard people call them that. They always seem to have type names. Oh, sorry. You see how easily I get squirreled these days!) Back to your card, I love your coloring and matting and the bold NBUS ampersand!

And your birthday card is just darling! That blue is a perfect shade of denim and those little critters look like they were intended for that pocket! Very keen-eyed of you to think of that! And I love the way you did the cut-out technique with your pp and then used a complimentary pp in the space, which added tons of interest!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #20! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Linda, Your cat and dog are so adorable in their Christmas stockings. Just hanging out and wishing everyone good cheer. YOur birthday card is such a smart use of the critter stamps. They look like they are having fun hanging out in that denim pocket. Super fun twofer! Thank you so much for playing along with Twofer Challenge#20.

Leslie Miller said...

Your darling kitty and puppy are perfect for our critter challenge! You could do so many things with them, but I like your idea of tucking them into the Christmas stockings and the pocket. I'm smiling! I was so happy with the theme of this challenge. Such fun cards! I'm so glad you played along with us at Twofer!

Greta said...

These are both so cute & totally different! Great entry for the challenge, Linda!

Anita in France said...

Such a cute critters set around that cool NBUS ampersand, Linda, the kitty is similar in colour to one of our barn cats, so she's perfect as one of your little stocking fillers on the Christmas card! Love how you've adapted her and her puppy chum to fit into the jeans pocket on your celebratory birthday card ... they're so fun ... and fabulous with the vibrant pp! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)