Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, September 9, 2019

Trio of good luck cards

Hope you had a great weekend! I spent part of it enjoying barbershop harmony with two quartets, Vocality and Sparkle (one men and the other women). Vocality performed at a friend's church and Sparkle had "send-off" party in preparation for their trip to the next Sweet Adeline International contest. Both groups sing extremely well and entertain too. My chorus doesn't have to compete at International this year (will go next year) but we have members in three different quartets who'll compete in the quartet contest. I made a card for each quartet with a similar theme of Mardi Gras masks, given the contest will take place in New Orleans.



Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 cards, Curious Metallic cardstock formed into an A7 card,
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Paper Studio glitter,
Doodlebug and Graphic 45 patterned papers
Dies - Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles & Swirl Delight (both retired),
Impression Obsession Good Luck, My Favorite Things Blueprints (various).
Hero Arts MMH (mask & starbursts)
Stamps - Momenta & Hero Arts
Other - Ranger Silver ep, Copic Markers, Stickles, 
Glossy Accents, 3M Washi tape, Papermania star gems

The masks came from the December 2016 My Monthly Hero kit. I hadn't used this image yet and wondered when I ever would. Luckily New Orleans has Mardi Gras, even though it's not taking place at the same time as the Sweet Adeline convention! Which card is your favorite? Card three may seem a bit busy but I thought it was in keeping with the theme - sorta reminds me of a  theater marque. Spice got card one, Wicked got card two and Sparkle, of course, got card three. Wishing all three the best of luck in competition!

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

All so beautifully done, I so enjoy how you used the Mask image from that MMHK.

Greta said...

These are all really neat, Linda! Just love those cute masks with sparkle!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Linda. What a great use of the masks. I would struggle on how to use them but these cards are the perfect use of it. The first one is my favourite.

Rosemary said...

All three cards are absolutely fabulous, Linda! I don't think the third one is busy at all. The way you used the masks on each card is so clever!

Jean said...

These are stunning!