Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Magical birthday

Hi all - my friend Lin (Sending Hugs) is a designer for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog and I saw her beautiful card for the current Wednesday Challenge. They're doing Anything Goes using Crafter's Companion products. I'm excited to play along as I just finished a card today using a fabulous CC kit I found at my local Tuesday Morning store. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 card; papers from kit;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps and dies from Crafter's Companion Monthly Craft Kit 10 Build a Scene
Other - Copic Markers, Michael's gem, stars by unknown

Here's a photo of the dies and stamps, plus a couple of the papers, contained in this kit:


Oops - just noticed I forgot to put the fairy die back with the others before I photographed them. Hmmm - will have to go looking for it as things tend to disappear around here!! The kit also includes white card bases in various sizes (plus envelopes), along with card stock, ribbons, and patterned papers.

Simon Says Stamp carries the Crafter's Companion 6x6 Paper Pad by Chloe containing these wonderful marbled patterned papers - so yummy!! I used them behind the leafy frame and on the mushrooms. As you can see in my kit photo, the leafy border is not a complete frame. CC intends it for a 5.5" square card but I used it for an A2 card. I cut it on a 4.25x5.5" panel and just trimmed out the bits that got mangled while cutting the smaller dimension. I then cut more leaves to glue in those areas; close up you can tell it's not a full frame but I still like how it turned out. I backed the frame with a marbled panel & trimmed it to show a small edge of the card base.  Stamped a sentiment using green ink. Added diecut mushrooms and flowers and the fairy (colored with Copics with Stickles on the wing) along with some gems and stars (gift from my friend Heather Stamping & Stitching). Done!

I think my fairy looks a bit like a Barbie doll - what do you think? I have a hard time hand drawing faces but I didn't want to leave her without any features. Oh well....

Anything Goes 092619
Thanks for stopping - hope you're having a great week!!


7 comments:

Betty said...

such a sweet card, Linda - great find at Tuesday Morning - hope you find your little fairy!!

Jean said...

A magical card! Way to go on drawing on her features! Hope she turns up!

Lin said...

What a great kit, Linda! That company has really varied products - thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

Sweet card, Linda! She does kinda look like a barbie doll!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. A really sweet card.

CinnamonSally said...

gorgeous cute card Linda!

Rosemary said...

really lovely card, linda… your little fairy is so sweet!