Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

An Autumn Scramble card - use a grid/inchie

Hey all - I've been away but got back in time to Scramble with some Hero Arts friends. A Scramble, if you're an HA fan, is a timed activity - 90 minutes to create and upload your card based on a specific theme. Cindy (Escape to Stamping) is running it on Facebook now - very fun, if you remember to check in there (I'm not very active). Anyway, this time we're doing grid/inchie cards - here's mine:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 kraft card; Basic Grey Serenade
Happy Thanksgiving (Hero Arts/SSS Stamptember 2016)
CL882 Autumn (retired from 2012 but at SSS as a combo)
CL119 Happy Thanksgiving (retired from 2008)
Inks - various Distress Oxide colors; Hero Arts gold
Other - Hero Arts gems (retired); Distress markers

I just got back from New Orleans where Sweet Adelines International held its annual convention and competition. Our chorus, City of Lakes competed last year in St Louis; this was our "off" year as you can only qualify every other year, giving more choruses a chance to participate. We qualified to go to Louisville next year. This year the chorus winners were from Sweden and the quartet winners from FL - what fun to sit in the audience and enjoy the performances! You can watch them on YouTube, if desired: Chorus - Rönninge Show Chorus /Quartet Viva

Anyway, just before I left, I received my September My Monthly Hero kit (still available for purchase as of today). One of the kit stamp images is a cabinet, suggestive of a grid so I went with it. I supplemented the kit with a few fall images from three other sets. This will be a perfect card to send to a friend's hubby who has lung cancer. Dale created some beautiful plaques over the years for Sweet Adeline of the Year recipients from our chorus - I was lucky enough to get one back in 2007.

That's it for today - I have to get a few Christmas cards made, plus some birthday cards for October. Hope you're having a wonderful day and thanks for stopping!! Thanks too to Cindy for a fun Scramble!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

what a fun card, Linda - love it!!

Karen L K said...

Very nice Linda! I like all those images in all the spaces. The coloring is nice too.

Rosemary said...

love how you used the elements from the kit, linda! fabulous card!

Dawn T said...

How clever Linda. What a fun stamp. Love how you added the little bits and bobs in the spaces.

Greta said...

You must have had a wonderful time getting to be in the audience! Just love this creative card, Linda! I don't use Facebook, but glad some of you are doing Scrambles again--always loved them!

Jean said...

This is incredible! It looks like a quilt - I'm impressed you created this under a deadline!