Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

A Trio of Poinsettia Christmas Cards

How many poinsettia dies does a stash need?? Well, mine found room for another one - this time from Hero Arts new holiday catalog. Love, love, love it!!! I used it to make a quick trio of Christmas cards - be sure to let me know your favorite! First up - a pink one:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer A2 card, Momenta watercolor paper,
Paper Studio glitter, Lawn Fawn Winter Plaid,
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia
Impression Obsession Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner
My Favorite Things Blueprints retired (for stitched rectangle)
Stamps - Hero Arts Peace & Joy (retired)
Other - foam tape, Memento London Fog & Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks

Thought of those unusual colors of poinsettia and decided to use scraps of a pink and white printed watercolor paper for my flower and a teal-ish color for the leaves. I adore Lawn Fawn's plaid papers and have several different 6x6 pads. Thought this white and grey piece from the Winter pad looked perfect with the pink flower. The sentiment label is one of a trio and I cut all three, using a different one for each card. Couldn't resist a purple one for card two:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer A2 card, Momenta watercolor paper,
Curious Metallics Graphite, Lawn Fawn Knit Picky,
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia
Impression Obsession Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner,
My Favorite Things Blueprints retired (for stitched rectangle)
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sayings (retired)
Other - foam tape, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink

I love the pattern in the grey Knit Picky paper and decided to make the leaves a metallic grey. Finally, a traditional red one, using the same patterned paper but in the green:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer A2 card, 
Paper Studio holiday green and red, Lawn Fawn Knit Picky,
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Tim Holtz kraft metallics
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia
Impression Obsession Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner
My Favorite Things Blueprints retired (for stitched rectangle)
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sayings (retired)
Other - foam tape, Pine Needles Distress ink

For all the flowers, I cut two of the layers twice each for a full flower. I put ultra thin foam tape between each layer for some dimension. I already have a fourth flower die cut from more papers in the Knit Picky pack. Very quick and easy!! And my Christmas stash increased again - yay!!

How's your Christmas stash coming? I'm now working on a card for the latest Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hope to be back with that one later this week. Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

Betty said...

three beauties, Linda - think i might need to make room for that poinsettia die too!!

Dawn T said...

What an awesome die Linda. Three stunners but have to say the purple one is just amazing. I will be caseing that colour scheme. It really is impressive.

Jean said...

Gorgeous - I love the variations on the same theme/design!

Rosemary said...

your poinsettia cards are absolutely gorgeous, linda!!

Greta said...

I so want another poinsettia die set, but haven't let myself--so far! I just may NEED this one now that I see your beautiful cards! They're all beautiful, but the first one is my favorite!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful layering with the Poinsettia Die, Linda! The color variation is lovely! I just made 3 cards with one poinsettia die, too... and can.not.stop!