Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 10, 2019

SSS Kids Summer Vacation Challenge

Hey all - back from a quick trip to visit my parents and my sister Kari. I took along a large kit of crafty supplies since Kari enjoys crafting with her surrogate niece Jerriah, age 10. I mentioned the Simon Says Stamp Kids Summer Vacation challenge and Jerriah was eager to play along. Today was a perfect rainy day to be indoors getting crafty!! Given the drive home, I'd left all the supplies there for Kari and Jerriah to use. Kari took all the photos and sent them to me when done.

Here's Jerriah concentrating fiercely on her design. I had to laugh - Kari had predicted, when I showed the supplies I'd brought, that Jerriah would go for the stamp set with clouds!! I thought she might enjoy an old Hero Arts balloon animals set. Sure enough, the clouds won out. I also included several bottles of Stickles since Jerriah's enjoyed using them in the past. Nope - the pad of glitter paper drew her like a magnet - LOL. Kari reports that Jerriah enjoyed card-making but chafed a bit at having to do it all herself! She did it, though - so proud of her!!


Here's Jerriah proudly displaying her finished card:


And here's the finished card. Jerriah wrote it to her auntie who's raising four kids, a darling bunch of cousins for Jerriah.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV shimmer green A2 card, Paper Studio glitter paper; 
Doodlebug Hello foiled 6x6
Stamps - Hero Arts Sky's the Limit (from 2009 - retired)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - foam tape; Tools - Paper trimmer, Tim Holtz Stamping Platform, & scissors

So delighted to encourage a new generation of stampers!! Thanks to SSS for hosting this challenge!

      Kid'sChallenge-01

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

What fun to initiate a young one into our hobby. She has made a pretty card.

Lin said...

What a gorgeous card, Jerriah! Love that pretty purple background! Great sentiment, too! Thank you for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Kid's Challenge, and good luck!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW!!! This is sooo beautiful! I love the stripes of gold - a very happy card!!! Thanks so much for playing with our Kid's Summer challenge at SSSWC! Hugs, Karin

Jean said...

Super sweet!

Maura said...

Wow! What a beautiful card, and smile, Jerriah! Love seeing you in action as you are creating, and your card is gorgeous - love the words and fun glittery clouds and sun! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Kids Summer Challenge at SImon Says Stamp! Maura

Cindy C. said...

How cute!! It is always fun to share our passion of paper crafting!

Greta said...

Oh how sweet! Bet her auntie is thrilled with her thoughtfulness & cute card!

Heather said...

Wow Jerriah, what a fantastic card, well done! Love all the pretty clouds and sun you created and they look so good against that pretty sparkly background. Your auntie must have been thrilled to receive such a gorgeous card!

Linda, loved seeing what Jerriah created with your crafty supplies, such a fun rainy day activity.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jerriah :-) I am sure your Auntie absolutely LOVES this!! the sparkly glouds are fabulous and I love the sentiment, very cute :-)

Love the pics of you too! So happy to see you enjoying being creative! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x