Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, August 8, 2019

More Ireland and a masculine bday card

LOL - I said yesterday I was taking a break from blogging. My schedule changed a bit so I found time to make a card today and to upload some more Ireland photos. Thought I'd pop in and do a quick post. I'm waiting for Heather to share some of her photos of our snack stop during Ireland Day 3 (July 21) but I'll go ahead and post some of my Kilkenny Castle photos. First a view of the Castle:


We were standing in the field in front of the area you'll see in the next photo. I mentioned in an early post that the traffic in Kilkenny was horrendous due to a bike race. Well, we found out at the Castle that it was actually a Triathlon!! Awards were being given on the Castle grounds and many entrants were walking their bikes away with medals around their necks. Very fun. There were uniformed concert bands playing in three different locations that day and we enjoyed the music of each. Here's a view of the grounds & town from a window in the Castle.


The Irish OPW (Office of Public Works) has done extensive work on this building. On our tour we spotted photos of the renovation and Heather recognized a neighbor who, I believe, was an engineer on the project. I took a bunch of photos of the amazing interior but I'll share only two - the Moroccan Staircase and the Painted Roof. The latter enthralled me - could've stared at it for hours. The portraits around the room included many of the owners and family members.

 

Finally, I'll share a card. The August My Monthly Hero Kit came out on Monday and I hadn't done a thing with the July kit! I'll blame it on my trip - LOL. Anyway, I need a masculine bday card for later this month so I got busy with this fun kit.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV sparkle green A2 card; Momenta watercolor; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - July 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit (including dies) - sold out
Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages (sentiment)
Die - My Favorite Things stitched rectangle (retired Blueprints)
Inks - Distress Oxides: Tumbled Glass, Pine Needles, Cracked Pistachio, Tea Dye; 
HA kit inks; Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - ultra thin foam; Distress Markers - Vintage Photo, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron

I started playing with the dock - stamped two different ones and decided to use both, offsetting them. Cut a rectangle out of Momenta printed watercolor paper (LOVE it!!) and stamped the tree border with Pine Needles overlaid with Cracked Pistachio and embellished with Twisted Citron marker. I hand drew the shoreline with more markers and stamped the wavelets. Added the stamped/die cut boat and fish, hand drawing the fishing line. Stamped the sentiment - done!

Thanks for stopping by and now I really will be off from blogging for a bit. Hope to see you soon!!

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

More fabulous views, Linda! I can see why you were fascinated by the ceiling it looks amazing! Great masculine card!

Greta said...

Great masculine card--wish I was at that lake! Oh my--what a castle! Gorgeous photos, Linda!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful masculine card. x
That castle looks spectacular... i imagine it’s even more spectacular IRL.

Cindy C. said...

Spectacular view, great photos!! And your card is very smart!

Jean said...

Wonderful card! And thanks for sharing more of your vacation with us.

Heather said...

Lol next time I think I'll skip Triathlon day in Kilkenny but I did enjoy our trip there that day. Love the gorgeous photos you took of the castle and grounds.

You've created such a beautiful scene with the August kit. Great idea to layer the dock, it adds so much dimension as does the pretty inked tree border.