Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

More Ireland and a birthday card

Back with more Ireland and a card. On my second day there (7/20/19), Heather and I worked on crafts in the morning. Heather had ordered a color layering stamp set from Sunny Studios so we played around with that for a bit. There are actually five steps to the rose but I only did four as I ran out of colors I wanted to combine. Still liked how they came out. I brought my stamped flowers and leaves home where I made the card recently. I got the idea to use the black/white patterned paper from a card Heather made me with some of the roses she stamped. I'm hoping she'll blog that one in future.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 green card; Momenta Watercolor;
 Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Basic Grey Kneehighs
Stamps - Sunny Studios Everything's Rosy (with matching dies); 
Our Daily Bread Mini Tag Sentiments
Dies - label and banner from My Favorite Things retired Blueprints
Inks - Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Pine Needles; 
Hero Arts Red Tomato, a minty green from Heather's stash and a green Pro-marker

In the afternoon we visited the lovely Johnstowne Garden Centre with a fabulous cafe attached (I had a yummy latte). We posed by our favorite flowers - mine were the purple hydrangeas.

 

Then we took the Blessington Lakes Drive and walked on the shore of different parts of the lake. Most of my photos were taken on the camcorder but I did have this one of Heather walking by the lake. It was a cloudy day but you can see some sunnier photos on their website here. There were two young men fishing from the shore and a mother & daughter with their dog playing a bit further down.  On the other side of the lake we spotted some men pulling a boat ashore; no motorized boats allowed so it was very quiet and peaceful.


We did a bit of grocery shopping on the way back, ate a late dinner, then it was another early night for me as I continued acclimating to the time zone difference. That's it for day two in Ireland - I'm not one to blog in real time so I'm enjoying refreshing my memories!

Thanks for stopping and I'll try to blog more of my trip later....

8 comments:

Betty said...

I love your card, Linda - those roses are so pretty and you'd never know you skipped a layer - keep sharing your Ireland visit - so fun to read about it.

Jean said...

Gorgeous card and so fun to hear about your trip!

Lin said...

Beautiful card, Linda - I love your roses - and those hydrangeas - wow! Thanks for sharing your time with Heather with us!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful roses Linda. Your card is so pretty with the black and white. Great photos.

Trina P. said...

Looks like another fabulous touring day. Your card is beautiful... can’t imagine a fifth layer (not necessary IMO)! 😉

Rosemary said...

Love seeing all the photos from your trip, Linda! Your card is beautiful!

Greta said...

So fun to see your photos, Linda! The roses are really beautiful & sure can't tell there could have been another layer! Lovely card!

Heather said...

Another gorgeous card using your pretty layered roses, Linda. Such a great design and I love the way you used lots of green as well as the black and white pp. Must get around to blogging the card I made, well one of these days anyway! If you were allowed bring plants home, I think one of those hydrangeas would have gone in your luggage!