Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 5, 2019

Ireland/England trip & a wedding card

Hey all - thought I'd share a few photos of the trip I took to Ireland and England in July. I spent 10 days there and returned home late on the 29th.

Sweet Adelines International held its International Education Seminar in Manchester UK from July 25-28th. I decided to attend and thought, since it's so close, I'd combine the seminar with a trip to visit my friend Heather and her family. Heather and I have been friends for 10 years and served together as Hero Arts Hostesses back in 2011. I met Heather in person in 2014 on my first trip to Ireland, then she and her family came to Orlando and I met them for a fun weekend at Disney World in 2016. For this visit we stuck close to Heather's home and made day trips to Irish Heritage sites nearby.

I arrived Friday 7/19 around 9 am. Heather and her hubby picked me up at the airport after my long flight across the pond. I don't like to sleep on the plane and with a 6 hr time change, I didn't last much past 8 pm!! But we managed to go crafty shopping and visit a castle that day. We chose Maynooth Castle which was near the shop selling crafty items. Here I am, looking a bit travel worn but ready to discover the Castle and grounds.


Off to your right you can see the arch we entered. Here's a closer look at the size of it - immense!


The inside of the castle has been turned into a museum with display boards telling the chronology of ownership of the castle and history of those owners and their allies. Very interesting! Heather couldn't resist taking a quick pic of a list of medieval cures. I certainly wouldn't want to try them!


The next morning we played with crafty items I brought from the US and stuff Heather had in her stash. I mainly used a bunch of her dies, especially a fun arch I thought would be cute for a wedding card. Here's what I came up with:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Authentique and BoBunny 6x6 patterned
Dies - Arch by unk; Couple by Tattered Lace; Flourish Vine by Cottage Cutz
Other - ultra thin foam; Icy Stickles; Spun Sugar Distress Marker

A friend asked me to make her a couple wedding cards for this fall so this was my start. Thanks to Heather for letting me use the arch die (sorry, not sure of the manufacturer)!! I doubled it up for thickness and popped it with some ultra thin foam tape. Really like how this turned out.

I'll blog more of my trip when I get a chance. Can't thank Heather and her family enough for sharing their home with me!! And thanks to you for stopping by!

8 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card, Linda and so fun to read about your trip - when i go to London i meet up with a blog friend and we craft together - i think we spend more time talking tho:-)

Trina P. said...

What a fun trip... so much history in Europe.
Your card is beautiful. The arch is perfect for a wedding theme. x

Rosemary said...

beautiful card and photos, linda! hope you share more!

Greta said...

How wonderful to visit Heather & her family again! The castle must have been so interesting! Absolutely love the wedding card--stunning!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous photos of your trip. Ireland is such a beautiful country. So nice to have someone to visit with while there. Looking forward to seeing more of your trip.

Jean said...

Another gorgeous card! I've never seen those dies before. Wonderful to hear about your trip!

Virginia L. said...

So happy that you are traveling and get to see Heather! Have a GRAND time! Your wedding card is gorgeous!!

Heather said...

Oh Linda, love the wedding card you created! The perfect combination of dies (thanks for another design idea for wedding cards!) and I love the pretty background. Again well done for staying awake for so long on your first day. We can only imagine what a medieval cure for jet lag could have been!!!!