Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Ireland Day 3 and a sympathy card

Back with more Ireland photos and stories, plus a sympathy card using roses I made at my friend Heather's house. It's Day 3 (Sunday July 21st) and Heather skipped church to take me to Kilkenny. We parked in a public parking lot next to an outdoor mall, having encountered traffic issues due to a bike race going through town. Can you believe it - Heather knew of a crafty shop in the mall?! Of course we stopped in and I purchased a few cute dies. Down from the craft shop was a long corridor with umbrellas hanging across, creating colorful ceiling - so fitting for the rainy day. Couldn't resist a photo:


Next, we meandered through town and spotted the old distillery location for Smithwick's, now a museum (the ale production moved to Dublin). We didn't stop for the tour since we were planning to visit other sites but here's a shot of it down the street. Look at all the traffic going the wrong way!!


We had asked the craft shop clerk where to go for coffee and on the way there (that's another story), we stopped to visit St Canice's Cathedral, a beautiful church built in the 13th century. Don't know why we didn't go inside but we toured around the grounds. I took this photo of a set of doors that I absolutely love - so gorgeous!!


I'll share more about Day 3 later but, before I go, I made a sympathy card yesterday with a few more of the roses I stamped while at Heather's house. A friend's mom passed away this week in Iowa so I wanted to mail this off quickly.

Supplies: Paper - Recollections (Michael's brand) A7green card; Momenta Watercolor;
 Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Lawn Fawn Spring Fling
Stamps - Sunny Studios Everything's Rosy (with matching dies); 
sentiment from Hero Arts Color Layering Fuchsia (retired)
Dies - Spellbinders Renaissance Jubilee and Labels 36 (both retired)
Inks - Distress Inks - Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Pine Needles; 
Hero Arts Red Tomato, a minty green from Heather's stash and a green Pro-marker

Thanks for stopping to enjoy my memories of Ireland and my card!!

5 comments:

Trina P. said...

Lovely sympathy card.
More beautiful Ireland pictures. That cathedral looks amazing. x

Rosemary said...

Yes, please on sharing more of your wonderful photos and memories from your trip! The sympathy card is lovely and will be so appreciated!

Greta said...

The roses are perfect for the sympathy card--love the leaves in that set, too! Can just imagine what fun you had with Heather! What a gorgeous cathedral & your mentioning the wrong way traffic brings back memories of my 1 trip to Ireland in 1977. The girl I went with couldn't drive a manual shifting car, so I was the driver. Almost had a heart attack the first 30 minutes--haha!

Jean said...

A lovely sympathy card. Terrific photos of your trip.

Heather said...

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mom. Your sympathy card is so beautiful. You know I absolutely love the roses and leaves you stamped (thanks again for the stamp layering lessons!) and I love your gorgeous design with all the layers. Lol the umbrellas certainly were appropriate for that day, and unfortunately for other times too. Great photos of the city and the beautiful door in St Canice's too.