Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Twofer Christmas Trees!

Hey everyone - my friend Dawn (Dawn's World) posted a card for Christmas Kickstart Challenge 16 and mentioned that Darnell (djkardkreations) who runs the Twofer Challenge is Jo's "elf" this time. I love Darnell's Twofer Challenge so just had to play for the first time at Christmas Kickstart! With Darnell's Twofer Challenge, your two cards have to be for two different occasions. But because she's elfing for Christmas Kickstart, the cards must both be for Christmas; the theme is Christmas Tree. Here's my twofer:


I just bought a new Hero Arts color layering tree set and decided to give it a play. For the first card, I stamped the background layer tree, masked it and stamped four more times. On the second card, I stamped the background layer tree and then one of the Nordic patterns over top. What to do with this tree?? I had also bought the new Hero Arts snow globe set so decided to add my tree to a snow globe. Here's a closer look:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV sparkle blue A2 card; Momenta Watercolor; black glitter
Dies - My Favorite Things stitched rectangle (retired Blueprint); Recollections Mini words
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree
Inks - Distress Oxide Inks - Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron
Other - Distress Markers; Picket Fence Distress Spray; washi tape; star sticker gems (thanks again Heather)

After stamping the trees with ink, I spritzed the stamp with water and stamped again. This moved the ink around a bit. I dried the trees thoroughly before spritzing with the Picket Fence Distress Spray for some "snow". The snow got a little yellow on the Peeled Paint & Twisted Citron trees even with no dog in sight - LOL!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV sparkle green A2 card; Momenta Watercolor; red glitter; 
Poptone Black; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
American Crafts (Target Hotspot paper from a few years ago); 
My Mind's Eye Necessities (Woodgrain); Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic
Dies - Hero Arts Layering Snow Globe; Recollections Mini words; Spellbinders Ribbon Banners
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree 
Inks - Old Paper Distress Oxide; Hero Arts red
Other - star sticker gem; Copic BG000 for shading

I really liked the look of the Old Paper background ink with the red Nordic stamp over it! The Nordic patterned paper went well with the red overlay stamp, I thought. Anyway, it was fun getting two more Christmas cards done, plus using some new goodies. Thanks Jo and Darnell & SSS!

Thanks for stopping by! If you're looking for Day 3 of my Ireland trip, find it here. I'm taking a break from blogging but hope to get back to it soon!

   

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Wow Linda... You've totally kicked this out of the park with these two. Both cards are totally amazing. Just love the Nordic one. And love the soft watercolour look to the other one.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, how lovely that you've come to play along! Did Dawn mention that she was my elf a while back? Love your cards - so many pretty details to appreciate and enjoy in both creations. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, hope you'll come back and play again, Jo x

Darnell said...

Thank you for loving the whole Twofer concept, Linda! I'm glad you could play in our Kickstart/Twofer challenge and I love the two designs you came up with for your tree! That lineup of ombre trees with the snow coming down is gorgeous with the simple Peace sediment and pretty sky background! And what a great idea to use the snow globe on your second single-tree design and fashion it with Nordic patterns and a sweet winter scene in the background of the globe! Two amazing Christmas designs! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

Fun set of Christmas cards, Linda!

Greta said...

Very creative use of your new tree stamp, Linda! I'm totally loving the card with 5 trees & each a different color!

Jean said...

Two terrific holiday cards!

Heather said...

Brilliant cards for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Linda. I'd never have guessed you had used the same stamp on both cards - you got two gorgeous and completely different looks on the tree with the techniques you used.