Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 14, 2019

Twofer Challenge = Bees!

Hey there - hope you're enjoying your week! I finally had a chance to play along at this month's Twofer Challenge #17. Here's my Twofer:





I have very few stamps with bees but I picked the bee image from a bug set by Hero Arts. I had an idea to cut a beehive on the Silhouette for one card and I found a flower cluster to cut for another. I always need birthday cards so I gave the flower card a birthday sentiment. Hmmmm - what occasion could I use on the beehive card?? I finally settled upon Hello because I wanted to use a little sentiment oval. There wasn't much room for anything else!

As usual, I cut a bunch of random shapes using white cardstock so I could color them as needed. I included a Bee Mine message to get a three-fer with a Valentine card! Here's each card separately with a supply list.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid - Spring;
DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card; Poptone Black Licorice; scrap of poppy
Stamps - Hero Arts CL953 Mason Jar Bugs (and coordinating dies) - retired and
CM336 Hero Arts Hero Greetings Occasions 
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired); Hero Arts DC150 Happy Stamp & Cut
Silhouette Design ID 295641 Flower Corner by Wild Pilot
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, foam tape

Supplies: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid - Spring 6x6 pad;
Paper Studio A2 card; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts CL953 Mason Jar Bugs (and coordinating dies) - retired and
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired); Hero Arts Nesting Oval Infinity Dies
Silhouette Design ID 274645 Beehive by Miss Kate Cuttables
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, foam tape

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Authentique Beloved Valentine 6x6 pad;
Memory Box Red Pepper A2 card; Poptone Black Licorice; scraps of red
Stamps - Hero Arts CL953 Mason Jar Bugs (and coordinating dies) - retired
Silhouette Design ID 113377 Bee Mine Card by Suzanne Cannon
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired)
Other - Copic Markers, Stickles, foam tape

Whew - glad to get three more cards completed for the stash. Thanks to Darnell & crew at the Twofer Challenge for another fun theme. Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Betty said...

three fun cards, Linda - love your variety!

Leslie Miller said...

You made a threefer! And how perfect they each are! I have to say the Bee Mine makes a perfect Valentine. I might not have thought of that. I just love your colors and plaids. The flowers are a beautiful arrangement and make a very happy birthday card, and I love the idea of the hive with the honey leaking out. So cute! I'm so glad you played along with us at Twofer!

Darnell said...

So many people struggle with making two different designs, but you make it look easy and fun with your fabulous bee THREEFER, Linda! I love all three and how different they are! Each of your designs is very thoughtfully laid out using just the right elements on each one. And great use of patterned paper on each, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

3 wonderfully crafted cards, Linda! Think my favorite is the first with those beautiful flowers!

Loll said...

Fabulous and fun cards Linda! Love the beautiful corner spray of flowers --- gorgeous colouring! Lovely birthday card and your bee looks happy to have found those beautiful flowers! Your beehive is so cute. And the bees look happy buzzing around protecting the honey! :) Always great when you can get a Threefer!! Bright and bold V-Day card! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Anita in France said...

Way to go with a threefer, Linda! What a gorgeous corner bouquet ... those blooms are so beautifully coloured and layered ... no wonder that bee flew in! The hive with the bees buzzing around it is amazing, especially with the honey oozing out ... love how your hello sentiment panel mimics it's shape! What a pretty Saint Valentine card ... great pp ... and such a fun, punny sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Jean said...

Great use of pattern! These are all a lot of fun and full of wonderful details!