Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Pair of Christmas cards

Hey everyone - hope you're enjoying the weekend! Unseasonably warm here today - high of 88F. Perfect time to stay indoors and make Christmas cards - LOL. I've been behind on building my stash and vowed to work on it, as well as to use some items in the UFO box. Here are a couple cards I created today with a snowflake theme:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle purple A2 card; Paper Studio glitter
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Doodlebug Frosty Friends 6x6 pad
Authentique Suave 6x6 pad; purple by unknown
Dies - My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired) ; Elizabeth Ornament Set 2 (retired)
Hero Arts Christmas Trimmings Stamp & CutCC Designs snowflake (retired)
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Winter Snowflakes
 Other - Silver metallic pen; Hero Arts gems

The ornament and the snowflake were from my UFO box but the Merry Christmas diecuts in there were green, red and gold. I decided I wanted silver so cut it from glitter paper, then twice from white for thickness, and once from blue for a shadow. The white panel was in the UFO box but it was an under-embossed sweater knit piece. I decided to try embossing it with a new-to-me 3D snowflake folder and really liked the resulting dimension!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle purple A2 card; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
BoBunny Woodland Winter 6x6 pad; Poptone Black Licorice
Dies - My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired) 
Spellbinders Lacy Squares (retired)
Other - Michael's gems

The stitched square with the inlaid snowflake came from my friend Heather - thanks again, Heather!! I don't know what brand it is but love the color combo. I decide to frame it with a scalloped square and add it to some BoBunny paper. Huh - funny shadow on the left of the card but it is, in fact, all white!!

That's it from here - another pair for the stash - yay!! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

Betty said...

great start on the Christmas stash, Linda - the blues are all so pretty - it was 98 here today - spent the day in my craft room!!

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards Linda.

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, like me you have started your Christmas stash!

Lin said...

Love the blues for Christmas, Linda! These make me feel cooler just looking at them!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous set of Christmas cards, Linda!

Greta said...

Oh wow, Linda--absolutely love both of these snowflake cards!