Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Grad cards

I'm back to share the grad card I made for my niece Annika who graduated high school last night. Her grad party is coming up soon and I'm looking forward to celebrating with her! My mom and I actually made cards together a couple weeks ago and I photographed both cards together (background is my parents' couch - LOL). I look for things to do with my mom when I visit - we put together a lot of puzzles and occasionally make cards.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card; Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic;
Doodlebug Hat's Off; Poptone Black; Shimmery Silver (brand unknown)
Dies - MFT Blueprints rectangles (retired); Hero Arts stars (retired);
Spellbinders Lacy Squares (retired); Poppystamps All Star Collage;
Momenta alphabet
Silhouette Design 82725 Graduation by Studio Ilustrado
Stamps with dies - Stampendous Everyday Chicks
Other - Paper Studio Graduation stickers; Copic Markers

I have a little envelope full of different elements for grad cards, plus a pile of 3D stickers with a grad theme. I grabbed those, some card bases and grad papers. Then I crammed tools like a diecutting machine, paper trimmer, stamping tool, ink, stamps, etc into some Thirty-One bags and hit the road. Ready for a fun crafty day with mom. She chose her elements and papers and I helped her a bit with some of it. Her card is on the right.

After mom picked her elements, I chose from the remainders. Really loved the little chickie grad I had stamped, colored, and cut a while ago. Thought she'd be cute perched on a grad scroll sticker. Decided to echo my mom's choice of a star by cutting the star collage into my grad paper. It cut a bunch of stars too which I saved for a future project. The sentiments on both cards are strips from the Doodlebug paper pad - really made finishing these cards easy!

Thanks for stopping and have a great weekend!!


6 comments:

Betty said...

your niece will surely love these Linda! My daughter is here for a week and we are having a good time together - no making cards tho!

Dawn T said...

two great cards from two crafty ladies. Beautifully done

Rosemary said...

fabulous set of grad cards, linda! your niece will adore them! so fun that you can craft with your mom!

Cindy C. said...

Both so wonderful!!

Darnell said...

How fabulous that your mom is close by and loves to make cards with you, Linda! That's such a blessing and I can clearly see that she shares your talent! Both of your celebration cards for Annika are going to be keepsakes! (Love the little chickie!) Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Fabulous! Both are terrific.