Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 7, 2019

Gifts at CAS Christmas

Hi all - it's been ages since my last post and I missed the May CAS Christmas Challenge - boo hoo!! My Christmas card production lags behind last year so I need to step it up! This month the ladies at CAS Christmas are featuring gifts for the June Challenge.


For my first card I cut the Stacked Gifts by Sophie Gallo on the Silhouette. Take a look:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle pastel A2 card; Penny Black Holiday Trimmings;
Paper Studio glitter paper; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; scrap of neon green
Silhouette Design ID 70463 Stacked Gifts
Die - Our Daily Bread Mini Tags (retired)
Stamps - Mini Tag Sentiments (retired)

I cut two Stacked Gifts from glitter papers and decided to work with a green one first. I backed the different gifts with papers from Penny Black and used a white offset mat. Because there were some pastels in the papers, I went with a pink card for a non-traditional color combo. The mini tags and sentiments made adding a gift tag a breeze!

When I cut the white offset mat for the gifts, I cut a bunch of other white shapes - I often do this to use up my paper. I figure the shapes can always be colored to fit the project. I cut a bunch of snowflakes this time, including the word JOY with a snowflake in the O. The Penny Black paper happened to have a page with a bunch of icons in circles (stocking, ornament, etc). One was a pile of gifts so I decided to use the JOY word and cover the O with a layered circle topped with the gift circle. Here's that card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle pastel A2 card; Penny Black Holiday Trimmings;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Silhouette Design 110035 Joy Phrase by Sarah Bailey and
Design 67447 Three Snowflakes by Sophie Gallo
Stamp - Hero Arts Holiday Florals Bold Prints

I colored the J and Y with a wine colored copic, then stamped over it for texture. Layered my circles for the O, plus a snowflake from a different file (saved the O snowflake for another project). Since the pink cards were out, I used another one!

I started working with a red Stacked Gifts, playing with solid scraps of paper to form the "wrapping paper". As primary colors came out, I decided to make it a birthday card! Shame on me when I'm supposed to be adding to the Christmas stash - oh well.... The only change besides the gift papers were a background mat cut using BoBunny Believe papers and a Memory Box red pepper A2 card.



That's it for today! I'm off to enjoy the nice weather we're having and get a coffee. My niece graduates from high school tonight so later this weekend I hope to blog the card I made her. I won't go to the ceremony as they barely get enough tickets for the immediate family. Darn!

Thanks for stopping and I hope you have a crafty week!!


3 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, I love your little die cut presents and the colour combo for the Christmas ones are perfect. I also like your birthday version with it's stunning background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Bonnie said...

Oooh! You have lots of pretty packages, Linda! Love the sparkle and what a great way to use those snippets of decorative paper! Love the joyful packages too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

Look at you building your Christmas card stash by three! All of them are so adorable, Linda! Love the sparkly outlined gifts with the pretty papers. The JOY is really beautiful with the deep colours and stamping over top. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!