Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 18, 2019

Twofer #14 - Balloons!

Hi all - it's been awhile again. I'm having difficulty trying to find time to make cards & blog them. Oh well... I do what I can. Popping in today with a pair for this month's Twofer Card Challenge to use balloons.

Supplies - Paper - Hero Arts pool card; Paper Studio colored papers; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Kaisercraft Provincial patterned papers
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 26 plus a label from another set
Spellbinders Die D-Lites Sentiments One
Tattered Lace Couple
Stamps - Hero Arts Happy Stamp & Cut; Ultimate Crafts Script (retired)

I needed a birthday card for a friend and had already pulled out a fun Blueprints set I like to use (hope I didn't use it for her card previously!!). The set has a balloon edge and I was inspired to use it to create a gatefold card for the second card. Cut it in white and, next thing I knew, I had a wedding congrats card.

Hope all is well with everyone and sorry that I'm not getting to your blogs as often as I'd like. Thanks to Darnell and the Twofer team for another fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping!!

        

8 comments:

Darnell said...

Two fantastic designs, Linda! That is a super fun balloon off the edge of the card with a long string drawing the eye to the inside! Your wedding card is also a great design and it was a brilliant idea to use your balloon as a gatefold element on this elegant card!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #14! I hope things get less busy for you soon so you can have more Linda Time! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

So clever Linda. Love the way you used the balloon as the edges of the gate card.

Betty said...

wonderful creativity using the balloons, Linda - love the CAS birthday card and the wedding card is gorgeous!!

Rosemary said...

both cards are fabulous and fun and creative takes on the challenge! hope you find more time to craft and blog soon!

Happy Dance said...

Love that birthday card! Your design makes my crafty heart happy; this is just so cute! Perfect colors, too! But you've blown me away with your wedding card. This is one design I would never have thought of in a million years! What a great card!! What a wonderfully clever idea! It is just beautiful and will make a couple very happy to open this. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Cindy C. said...

Wow so creative and clever!! Awesome projects!

Greta said...

They're both great, Linda! I absolutely love how you used the balloon die for a gatefold design--so creative & beautiful!

Jean said...

Very fun takes on the challenge!