Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Guest Designing at CAS Christmas Challenge!!

Hey everyone - I'm delighted to be guest designing this month at CAS Christmas - woo hoo!!!! Just love that challenge and was gratified to have my December card chosen as a winner (see that CAS Christmas post here).



Don't we all need a little more peace in the world?! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Paper Studio glitter; Tim Holtz kraft metallic; Poptone Black
Stamps & Dies - Hero Arts Peace; Penny Black Peaceful Wishes
Other - Hero Arts Tide Pool Dauber

When crafting a peace theme I frequent start with the Hero Arts Peace Stamp & Cut set. I'm very fond of all my HA S&C sets but especially the ones with a large word (both in stamp and die form) plus a bunch of little words to go with it. I often neglect the stamps in favor of the dies but this time I utilized some of the little words for my sentiment, along with a diecut.

Fun fact, the Penny Black dove was diecut back in December when I was making my winning star card. I tried it several ways and in several colors but it didn't make the final design (good thing!). When I diecut the dove from glittery silver card, it didn't cut all the way through. Decided I liked it, so trimmed the outline carefully, leaving the parts within. Too pale alone for this card, so I diecut a gold dove getting the whole outline cut and glued it over the silver glitter. The silver Peace diecut needed something too so I gave it a black shadow with a second diecut, swiping some dauber on the card before I glued it down. I added the little words as an afterthought (yay for the MISTI) and really liked the look. I'm always amazed how I start with one idea and end up with some totally different!!

Thanks again to the CAS Christmas crew for inviting me to guest design and I hope you get a chance to play along!! Be sure to check out all the challenge details and wonderful inspiration from the team - deadline for entry is the 24th.

Many thanks for stopping by and I hope to visit your blogs soon!!

15 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Linda thank you for joining us as Guest Designer at CAS Christmas, your card is beautiful with the silver and blue and a tiny touch of gold.

Linda said...

Beautiful card, Linda with your silver peace and dove. Like how you framed it with the blue. It is amazing how you can have one idea and it evolves into something totally different. That happens to me a lot. Thanks for being our GD at CAS Christmas.

Lin said...

Congrats, Linda! And this is a beauty as well - so elegant!

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations Linda on the win and GD! Your card is beautiful and elegant.

Bonnie said...

I'm so excited that you are Guest Designing at CAS Christmas this month, Linda! Love, love, love this card with the pretty dove and how you've stamped the words above and below the die cut! Yes, we could use more peace in the world. Do you sing the song "Let There be Peace on Earth"? That's what this card makes me think of.

Betty said...

lovely card Linda - and congrats on the win and the GD spot - well deserved!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous clean and simple design, linda! congrats on your guest designer spot!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot this month at CAS Christmas, Linda! The gold dove die-cut inlaid with the silver gritter piece looks so festive. The silver foil die-cut sentiment and the black shadow look fantastic against the light blue ink swipe.
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

I have this S&C for years and have not yet used it! Shane on me.
Wonderful card, Linda! Your die cut dove is beautiful in silver and gold. Great shadow effect on your die cut sentiment.
Thank you so much for being our fabulous guest this month. x

Jean said...

Gorgeous card and congratulations!

Dawn T said...

congrats on your GD for this challenge. Great card - love the splash of colour behind the peace sentiment. I love this HA set too.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful shimmery dove! Love the PEACE backed by the black to really set it off and the light aqua wash behind it is a lovely accent! Congrats on being Guest DT!

Greta said...

Congrats on the win, Linda! I absolutely love your beautiful peace card!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot with CAS Christmas, Linda! What a beautiful design ... the shimmery dove is fabulous over the swiped colour ... love how the black outline of 'peace' really makes it pop! Anita :)

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer post on CAS Christmas Linda, and your card is just gorgeous!!!