Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 17, 2019

CAS Christmas February Reminder

Hey there - I'm back with a reminder for the February CAS Christmas Card Challenge. I'm guest designer this month - such an honor!! And with this challenge, you get a reminder so the guest gets to design a second card - fantastic!!



Peace theme - can't get enough! This time I went with a colored card. Because we need plenty of "white space" on a clean and simple card, I tend to shy away from a card that isn't white. Well, I was drawn to a red card for my green bauble. Plenty of red (aka white) space around it - LOL!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle A2 card; Paper Studio holiday cardstock
Die/Stamp - Hero Arts DC166 Merry & Bright Tag Set by Lia (retired) 
Other - Hero Arts gold ink & embossing powder; Stickles; 
recycled red ribbon of a Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit

You can see all the challenge details & inspiration from the initial challenge announcement here. Be sure to link your creation by the deadline on the 24th and look for the winner announcement on the 28th. Thanks again to the lovely ladies at CAS Christmas for inviting me to guest design this month & thanks to you for stopping by!!

11 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Wow, do I ever love your red, red card. tfs

Linda said...

Your red and green is so gorgeous. I love the traditional colors. So pretty and elegant. Thanks for being our GD this month.

Brenda in IN said...

a great clean and simple but a gorgeous ornament and design.

Rosemary said...

simply fabulous, linda!

Betty said...

love all that red aka white space with that lovely ornament and bow!!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, beautiful die cut and and love the colours, and thanks for playing along with us at CAS Christmas this month :)

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Linda!! I don't know why it took me soooo long to figure out that "white space" doesn't necessarily mean it has to be white cardstock...I am really loving all your red "white space" on this beautiful card! Congrats on being the GD this month...well deserved!! :0)

Trina P. said...

The red cardstock is a standout, Linda. Pairing it with gold is a classic colour combo. Wonderful CAS card with plenty of white space. Thank you for guesting for us this month. x

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Linda! Love the bold colour of your red card front with green holly ornament. Perfect with the gold embossed peace and glitter berries. Wonderful CAS design with punch! Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

I love colored white space, Linda! The red card is perfect to show off the green ornament! Love that die cut and those sparkly berries! Thanks so much for joining our team as Guest Designer this month!

Greta said...

Striking & beautiful, Linda!