Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Twofer Birds

Hey all - I'm skating in with a quick pair for this month's Twofer Challenge. I caught an obnoxious cold and my head feels like it's going to explode. Didn't prevent me from pulling out my crazy birds set - LOL. Just had to stop often to blot the tears streaming from my eyes...


Like I said, I pulled out the crazy birds thinking I'd make a crowd for a thinking of you card and a pair of birds for a Valentine card. First stamped and masked two of the birds, then stamped three more behind. Then I stamped two more birds and die cut with the matching dies. Colored up with Copics, arranged on cards - DONE! Could've done more detailing but I'm in a hurry these days. I'm so excited to have been able to squeeze in a twofer this month!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar, White; DCWV A2 cards;
Michael's Vintage Valentine 6x6 pad
Stamps - Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Bird Crazy;
Paper Smooches All Year Cheer; Hero Arts retired for musical notes and sentiment
Dies - My Favorite Things various retired Blueprints; Bird Crazy matching dies
Other - Paper Studio heart stickers

Looking forward to visiting your blogs more often when life is a little less hectic. I appreciate your visit - many thanks and happy crafting!!

10 comments:

Betty said...

too cute - look like winners to me!!

Darnell said...

Oh, peu, not a winter cold! I'm so sorry, Linda. Bless you for undertaking a Twofer anyway and I hope you feel better soon (and slow down!). You made your two spectacular creations seem like no trouble at all, but I know what you did took a lot of care and time. Your two love birds are a krackup on your Valentine design! They look a bit unsure of each other, lol, and I love the way you did the background. Your masking is superior on your TOY card and so is your vibrant coloring of your awesome quintet! (Someone is having a rainbow challenge ... I'll see if I can find it again and let you know.) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Linda, YOur crazy birds cards are fabulous! I love the crowd and the valentine. YOu have made these birds so fun.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! That's a fantastic lot of coloring, and your masking on the second is outstanding! What a fun crowd, and all those colors, sigh... just give me color and happy cards like this. I'm so glad you were able to play along with us at Twofer in spite of your obnoxious cold. I hope you're feeling better!

Rosemary said...

So sorry that you have caught a bad cold, Linda, and I hope that it clears up soon! Good thing it was not able to keep you from creating to absolutely fabulous cards! Your masking and coloring is perfect!

Happy Dance said...

So sorry to hear you've got a nasty cold; that's so miserable at this time of year! Hope you're feeling better soon. Those birds are amazing! Your coloring on both cards is perfectly done, and I love the bright colors you've used on both cards. Great Valentine and Thinking of You card. Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

Jean said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! These cards are both fantastic!

oldpunca said...

I love those funny birds. You've made two amazing cards. Fantastic colors on both cards and fantastic design. Masking on the second card is perfect. :-)

Dawn T said...

two great cards Linda. Your crazy birds are awesome.

Greta said...

Bummer you caught a cold & hope you're feeling better soon, Linda! Such cute cards with those crazy birds!