Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Blue and Silver for CAS Christmas

Hey there - it's been ages since I've posted! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!! Speaking of Christmas, I'm playing along at this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge.


I love a blue and silver combo!! I whipped up a couple very quick cards for the challenge. First, I feature a horded navy blue felt snowflake from Hero Arts. HA doesn't carry them anymore but I have a fair few in the stash.

Supplies: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Tim Holtz kraft metallic
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 32 & Stitched Alphabet
Other - Hero Arts snowflake; Michael's gem, Joy ultra thin foam

Next, a silver diecut stag head - spotted sitting on my table. Decided to add some blue and use it for this challenge.

Supplies: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; DCWV jewel card
Dies - Hero Arts Infinity Oval; Spellbinders Ribbon Banners
Stamp - Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings (retired)
Other - B00 Copic Marker; Hero Arts Navy Ink; Michael's stag head

So sorry if I haven't commented on your blog lately. I do a lot of my commenting from my phone and it's been having a hard time linking to my blog profile. Some people don't accept anonymous comments so I don't even try. Anyway - I'll get there when I can - thanks for understanding!


8 comments:

Rosemary said...

so good to see you blogging, linda! both cards are fabulous! especially like the first one with the clever use of the snowflake in place of the o!

Christine Alexander said...

perfectly CAS Joy card. Love the die cut letters and that great snowflake. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Loll said...

Two wonderful navy and silver CAS Christmas cards, Linda! I can see why you are hording those snowflakes ... they are so pretty and perfect for the center of your JOY card. The stag is so pretty cut from silver glitter paper. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Betty said...

good to see you back with these two wonderful cards, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful cards in blue and silver Linda. I was just thinking about you a few days ago. I had gone to your blog to make sure I wasn't missing anything in my bloglovin feed. So it put a smile on my face to see you here today.

Bonnie said...

I love the contrast of textures with the foil and felt, Linda! Simple but beautiful! The silver stag with the banner, worked perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Christmas!

Jean said...

Wonderful color and element combinations!

Greta said...

I've missed seeing your work, Linda! 2 wonderful examples of great CAS cards! I love blue & silver for Christmas!