Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wreath for CAS Christmas!

Hey everyone - I'm getting an entry in for the September CAS Christmas Card Challenge. Loll, Bonnie & company would like to see a wreath on this month's card.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio red
Stamp & Die - Spellbinders Love Peace Hope Holiday 2017 (Wreath)
Silhouette for J & Y (can't remember the font)
Other - Copic Markers, Wink of Stella, gold gel pen, Joy Ultra thin foam tape

I was lucky enough to win a $25 Spellbinders prize during a recent blog hop; my comment on friend Virginia's blog was randomly chosen. Yay!! I couldn't resist this delicate wreath (nor a bunch of other goodies - LOL!). Many thanks to Virginia & Spellbinders!!

I cut and stamped the wreath and colored it with Copics, then added Wink of Stella to the roses (hard to tell in photo). What to do with the wreath??? The stamp & die set includes the little words PEACE, LOVE & JOY. Could've used one or all of those but seeing the JOY made me decide to use the wreath as the O. Yes, it's been done by legions but I couldn't resist. I found a font I liked in the Silhouette and cut the J & the Y. Note to self - be sure to write down the name of the font before you cut! I couldn't for the life of me find it afterward, even after trying a bunch of them - sigh... I added everything with my favorite thin foam to a top fold A2 card - done! This would be an easy card to mass produce and it's nice and flat for mailing.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll visit tomorrow when I'll be guest designing for the September Twofer Challenge. You'll see more of my new Spellbinders goodies in action.

15 comments:

Lin said...

Pretty! You know how much I love wreaths!

Cindy C. said...

So pretty and clever!! Love the wreath being part of the letter O.

Betty said...

wonderful card Linda! looking forward to your card tomorrow!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Linda, love how you incorporated the wreath into the JOY

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used the wreath as the O in Joy, Linda! A fantastic way to showcase this beautiful wreath! Congratulations on your win at Spellbinders! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Rosemary said...

lovely card, linda! love how you used the wreath instead of the o in the word!

Loll said...

Such a pretty wreath Linda! It looks perfect as the "O" in your large red JOY! Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

LaVon Hall said...

Love the wreath, Linda. Your clean but elegant design is perfect for a Christmas card.

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful card Linda! That Spellbinders wreath is SO pretty and colored just beautifully too! And it looks perfect for the "O" in JOY...love it!! You definitely made a great choice when you went on your shopping spree! :0)

Colleen said...

Linda, this is awesome! I love your wreath tied into the sentiment! Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at CAS Christmas! So nice to see you here!

Judy1223 said...

Linda, so much to love about this CAS card! The fun font of your red letters is very playful, and I adore that delicate wreath! Such sweet colors, and such a clean card. Love this so much!

Greta said...

Oh wow--I absolutely love that wreath & your amazingly creative use of it as an O!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your Copic coloring makes the wreath look prettier, Linda! Such a great design, making the lovely wreath "O"! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!
Hideko xx

Jeanne H said...

What a pretty and fun card! It sure will bring joy to the recipient.

JoAnn said...

Pretty card. Love the pretty wreath and how you used it for the O.