Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 3, 2018

Make your own Background

Hey everyone - it's the weekend, yay!! A chorus group sang at a park last night but I had a chance to shop beforehand. Any excuse, right?! I picked up a cute Concord & 9th set so thought I'd play along at this week's Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.


Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White & Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Concord & 9th Furry Friends;
Hero Arts - Thanks a Bunch (retired)
Whimsy Stamps - Autumn Blessings (retired but in a bundle here)
Dies - Concord & 9th Furry Friends - window;
My Favorite Things DieNamics Blueprints 21 (retired)
Other - Joy ultra-thin foam tape; various Hero Arts Inks;
Copic Markers

I started with a 5.5" square white card and, using a MISTI, created my own turn-about pattern. I chose little images from the Concord & 9th Furry Friends set. First I did the outlines four times. Then rearranged and stamped more times. Next I stamped the solid images over the outline ones, not always perfectly aligned. Finally I filled in some spots using a dot stamp from the Whimsy set, then doodled a few more dots.

With my background complete, I cut a stitched rectangle from it and then a window. I stamped the fox head on the piece left from the window (the die cut a frame too which I'm saving). I popped the window back using foam tape and added the little hat which I'd stamped and fussy cut. Stamped "thanks" as the sentiment thinking this would be a fun thank you card for girly birthday.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

your background is fabulous, linda! super cute card!

Greta said...

Such an adorable card, Linda!

Marge said...

Oh your background is so pretty, Linda. I love the adorable tiny images and the fox on them. Very creative and beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Marge
xx