Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Distress It & another Twofer

Hi all - just a quick post to get something in for the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Distress It, plus another pair for the Twofer Card Challenge - Geometric. Here's the pair:


I used a Tim Holtz stamp & stencil set I bought at Michael's - don't see it there online but it might still be in some of the stores. Besides the circles, it also has some hexagons. On the card at left I stamped and white embossed the connected circles twice. Then I blended Distress Oxide inks (Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick & Fired Brick) for an emboss/resist background. Spritzed it several times and dried quickly with a heat tool. On the card at right I created a panel with the connected circles, this time I used the center circle as my focal point, overlapping that one when I stamped the circles twice.

Here's each card individually; starting with the distressed background card.

** Update ** Supplies: Paper -  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White & scrap of orange;
Paper Studio Teal; Poptone Black Licorice; scrap of marbled Yupo
Stamps - Hero Arts H4772 Friend Collage (retired);
Tim Holtz THMM101 (circles)
Dies - MFT Blueprints (retired);
Memory Box hello from an exclusive Columbine Frame set
Other - Distress Inks, sequins (no packaging for brand);
Hero Arts White Puff embossing powder; Distress Embossing Ink

** Update ** Supplies: Paper -  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Paper Studio Red; Poptone Black Licorice
Stamps - Hero Arts CM136 Birthday Messages;
Whimsy Stamps Autumn Bonus Bundle (small dots)
Tim Holtz THMM101 (circles)
Dies - Hero Arts DI199 Nesting Circle Infinity Dies
Other - Distress Inks (Fired Brick & Iced Spruce); Hero Arts Black


Thanks for stopping!!


10 comments:

Brenda said...

What fun and unique twofers! I love the first one, the colors of the oxides inks are so pretty. Love the panel you stamped on and the colors on that one too. Such a happy, feel good card! Your second card is so artsy and I love the black, white with touches of red on it. Makes for a great birthday card. Hugs, Brenda

Kim Hamilton said...

Sweet set of cards! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Betty said...

you certainly nailed the "geometric" with these two cards, Linca - wonderful!! and thx for the note about Jayne.

Rosemary said...

you are really rocking the two-fer challenge, linda! another absolutely fabulous set of cards!

Darnell said...

I just love your affection and enthusiasm for the Twofer challenge, Linda! This is another fabulous pair! The soft warm colors and sweet "letter" on your geometric friend card make it feminine and your b/w and burgundy geometric panel make your birthday card totally manly! I love that the birthday card reminds me of the old LPs we use to collect and love and play over and over. Showing my age! Thank you for playing again in Twofer Card Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Wow--2 totally different cards & both wonderfully crafted, Linda!

Chris Dring said...

Both of your cards are equally amazing! Love the emboss resist background on the first, and the black/white/red combo on your second is fabulous!

Anita in France said...

You made your geometric image look so different on each card, Linda ... the first is soft and dreamy with the sponged background and fluttery butterfly panel ... and the second is cool and stylish and so handsome in it's chic black and white with the touches of red! Thanks so much for playing along again with us at Twofer! Anita :)

mycardattic said...

Isn't it funny how the exact same supplies can be used in so many different ways that the end results are nothing alike! I love both of these makes, the B&W one would be fantastic as a masculine card! Have a lovely day Linda my friend! Hazel xx

Happy Dance said...

I can never make blended DO inks look as good as yours, Linda. Those colors are just gorgeous!! LOVE those embossed circles on your first card, then made them look so different on your second card. All the elements work together so wonderfully, and this is a great pair!! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev