Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 15, 2018

Another Masculine Christmas Card

Hi all - back with another card for the June CAS Christmas Card Challenge. I was inspired by the stag cards created by DT member Hideko & by friends Barb and Betty in the gallery.


I had a package of die cut stag heads from Michael's - 70% off after last Christmas!! There were silver and gold ones in the package and I chose to use silver. I edged the die cut with a black marker and also distressed it to mute the glitter.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts CL983 Holiday Messages and Tags & 
CL474 Special Wishes (retired)
Dies - Spellbinders Ribbon Banners
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Cracked Pistachio, Pine Needles, Black Soot
Other - Michael's Recollections Stag die cuts; 
Copic Markers C1 & C3; White Enamel Accents

I formed a top-fold A2 card and stamped the wreath twice, flipping it for the second color. I glued the stag to the center and added the banner (shaded with some Copics). After all this work, I noted a few flaws in the white card stock - don't you hate that?! Tiny brown specks - ugh. I dotted them with a gel pen but it didn't work so I covered them with enamel accents. Then added a few more - very hard to see in the photo but there are a few to upper left & lower right of the wreath. Done!

Funny story - after I used adhesive to adhere the stag head, I realized it had a peel off backing! So I had to carefully peel it off the card, remove the backing and re-stick it! I wondered why it kept lifting - well, it was the die cut coming away from the sticker backing. I give up.... Anyway, I'll have one more masculine Christmas card to share tomorrow so I hope you'll stop by to check it out! Thanks for visiting!!


7 comments:

Rosemary said...

love this fabulous design, linda!!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful design, Linda! Love that stag and the wreath you created! I like that you distressed the glitter a bit too which makes it even more masculine! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Christmas!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Awesome masculine card, Linda! I'm so glad to hear my card was a little inspiration for your wonderful creation! The black edging and glitter distressing of the stag worked out so well. The wreath of two green shades grounds and frames the stag beautifully.
Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Loll said...

Fantastic design Linda. Love the double stamped wreath in the two shades of green. Gives the wreath the look of depth and dimension. Your glitter stag is beautiful and looks right at home on the wreath! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

great masculine card, the stags head is so beautiful and framed perfectly with the two tone wreath. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

70% off! I need to shop end of season sales! Beautiful card, Linda. Wonderfully designed. Great idea to distress the glitter to keep it masculine. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Masculine card challenge. x

Greta said...

Absolutely perfect way to use the stag die cut, Linda! Wreaths really are so versatile & I love that one!