Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, May 28, 2018

Merry Monday #292 - Penguins!!

Hey everyone - Happy Memorial Day! Hope you're having a great holiday if you're celebrating. This week we're playing with penguins over at Merry Monday's Challenge #292. Can the trio in the inspiration photo be any cuter?!!


I seem to have accumulated quite a stock of penguin items over the years, but especially since I started playing at Merry Monday. Instead of going to my stash, though, I headed to the Silhouette and cut a penguin with wreath - so cute!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice
Paper Studio glitter; Pink & Main Jolly
Silhouette image - Design ID #35189 Penguin with Wreath by Jennifer Wambach
Stamps - Hero Arts CM100 Christmas Messages and CG698 Holiday Florals Bold Prints
Dies - Hero Arts DI364 Thank You Messages Frame Cuts (speech bubble);
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired) Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
Other - Copic Markers, Joy foam squares; Hero Arts green ink; Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink

I cut the penguin pieces from black and white cardstock, then colored the ones I wanted yellow. Cut the wreath from white too, colored with a green Copic and stamped with the Bold Print. Cut the bow from red glitter paper and layered up Mr. Penguin using some ultra thin foam squares. Die cut two stitched rectangles - one patterned and one white. Cut a hill into the white and layered. LOL - the side I liked was the one without the stitches on the hill - oops. Made a top fold horizontal A2 card and added a snowflake printed mat, a strip of chevron pattern and the rectangle. Popped my penguin atop and added the sentiment speech bubble. Done!

Check out the penguin goodness by the amazing Design Team and all the challenge details HERE. Thanks for visiting!!

12 comments:

Betty said...

how cute Linda - and you know how well I love penguins:-)

JoAnn said...

Love your cute penguin with the wreath. Great card.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Linda said...

So cute your penguin with the wreath, Linda. Great card. Have a great week.

Jean said...

You always find such great Silhouette images! This one is perfect for the challenge. Like how you've colored the penguin and the wreath paper choices you made.

Dawn T said...

How gorgeous Linda. Great card

Rosemary said...

super duper cute little penguin, linda!!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute!!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...your little penguin holding onto the wreath is SOOOO cute Linda! Love all the patterned paper too! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Greta said...

Very cute card--what a great penguin image, Linda!

Bonnie said...

This is an adorable penguin, Linda! That Silhouette really comes in handy! Great mix of papers!

Karen L K said...

Nice! That wreath looks great with the pattern stamped on it and the glittery bow. Of course the penguin is so cute.

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, your penguin is adorable.