Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, May 21, 2018

Merry Monday #291 - Sweets!!

Hi all - back with another Merry Monday challenge! Kelly hosts Challenge #291 this week and she wants candy canes, cookies or sweets on our Christmas cards. Yum - I can do that!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Paper Studio kraft and brown; Basic Grey Aspen Frost
Studio Calico Magical (candy cane); Tim Holtz metallic kraft
Stamps - Pink and Main Cocoa Kisses (plus matching dies)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 20 (retired) & Oval Shadows
Hero Arts Tag Infinity Dies
Other - foam tape, Stickles, white enamel accents, Copic markers,
Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink

Went shopping at Pink and Main to get one of their new stamp sets (Pocket of Sunshine) and spotted the darling Cocoa Kisses set with plenty of sweets. Into my cart it went - I figured it would be perfect for this challenge! I diecut the sweets and the sentiment label, then stamped and colored them. Thought it would be fun to put the sweets on a cookie plate so used the versatile Oval Shadows dies to cut a gold metallic plate.

I arranged the plate and sweets on my counter and decided they'd look good on a tag. To get a wide enough tag, I used the largest of Hero Arts Infinity Tags but cut it to a shorter length to fit my A2 card. The candy canes on the paper were actually printed on a diagonal but I arranged my tag die to line the canes up vertically before I cut it. I found a fun Basic Grey patterned paper to put behind the tag. I cut it with a stitched rectangle and gave it a narrow brown mat before adhering to a scalloped rectangle, then the card.

As always, check Merry Monday for all the challenge details and great inspiration from the Design Team. I hope you'll have a chance to play along with us this week! Thanks for stopping!!

12 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your adorable card with those cute gingerbread people. Love the papers too. Great card Linda.

Lin said...

Oh how cute, Linda! Your gingerbread cookies are perfect!

Cindy C. said...

Very sweet card indeed, the gingerbread people are so cute and I love that pattern paper you chose!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Those gingerbread images are too cute!😍😍😍 absolutely adorable!

Linda said...

Those gingerbread people are just so adorable, Linda. Lovely card. Have a great week.

Jean said...

Great take on the challenge! Seems like a toughie to me! You chose a cute set!

Rosemary said...

Oh those little gingerbread men are absolutely adorable! Super sweet take on the challenge, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Linda. A very "sweet" card!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Linda, love those gingerbread men.

Leanne said...

Nice paper and the gingerbread are so cute, great sweet card. Hugs, L

Marcia Hill said...

Sweet, SWEET card Linda...literally!! Your little gingerbread cookies are FABULOUS and I think I'm going to need to check that set out...too cute!! Love your background paper too!! Hope you're having a great week!! :0)

Greta said...

Oh so cute, Linda--love the papers!