Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, February 16, 2018

Twofer Challenge #2 - Hearts!!

This month's Twofer Card Challenge includes my favorite icon - the heart!! For the challenge you create two cards, each for a different occasion using the same stamp or die. The cards should also differ in design.


Busy week for me but I finally had a chance to play along this morning. I need a bunch of thank you cards for birthday gifts so I started there some using Valentine papers & heart dies. Then I used one of the heart dies to create a flower for a friendship card.

Supplies: Paper - Poptone, Stampin' Up, BoBunny, Paper Studio, Pebbles
Dies - Hero Arts DI334 Nesting Hearts Infinity Dies, Spring Branch (retired),  
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired); Poppystamps Spectacular Thank You
Stamps - Hero Arts January 2018 My Monthly Hero (sentiment on left)
Other - Nuvo drops

Just loved this challenge - I had such fun creating with hearts!! Thanks to Darnell for offering the Twofer Card Challenge and thanks to you for stopping by!

12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Linda, wonderful job with the hearts. Love that blue flower.

Betty said...

two wonderful cards, Linda - love the idea of creating a flower with the hearts and that background is so pretty.

Anita in France said...

That's such a fabulous background for that delicate and oh so lovely blue heart bloom, Linda ... and what a delicious colour combo on your second card ... crisp, fresh and so very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are lovely...Love the background on your flower card!

Rosemary said...

fabulous take on the two-fer challenge, linda!! love that sweet little flower you created with the hearts!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cards and so love the pretty flower you made with the hearts.

Kara Lynne said...

Two beautiful and very different cards! I love the flower petals created out of the hearts, and the background is gorgeous! Your thank you note filled with music notes is such a cheerful, happy card! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Jean said...

These are both lovely! Great take on the challenge.

Darnell said...

First of all, Linda, if you need thank you cards for birthday gifts, then let me wish you a Belated Happy Birthday!!

Your two designs are sensational! Whoever receives this thank you card will know your thanks is truly heartfelt!!! And the little flower for the birthday card is perfect against that stunning background!! I had to squint to make out that the petals were made from hearts! Well done ~ I love the colors on both! Thank you so much for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Stunning idea to make a flower with the heart dies. Superb cards

Greta said...

You really nailed the idea of this challenge, Linda--2 great cards! Love the flower made from the hearts!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Clever use of those hearts, especially the flower one! Very creative my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic