Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Merry Monday #273 - Red & Turquoise!

Welcome to another Merry Monday post! This week Marcia hosts Challenge #273, asking for the colors red and turquoise on your Christmas card. What a gorgeous color combo and one I've used a time or two. Marcia's inspiration photo includes several shades of each color so that made it even easier.

Photo Source

I considered going with a turquoise colored poinsettia. Nowadays they come in so many wild colors and I saw plenty of turquoise ones this past Christmas (even though I bought red ones...). In the end, I went with the traditional red poinsettia since I had recently colored one while watching TV. I thought some red berries would pull from the inspiration photo too. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio Turquoise A2 card; DCWV Ms Sparkle light turquoise A2 card (cut in half & die cut); Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Hero Arts PS620 Blush Layering Paper (darkest shade = grenadine)
Stamps - Hero Arts CM204 Santa's Door Accessories (sentiment) & CL796 Peace Poinsettias retired 
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 retired (pierced rectangle); 
Sizzix 661597 Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Greens, Mini; Poppystamps Tulisa Collage 1747
Other - Copic Markers, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, foam tape

I die cut the Tulisa Collage from half a light turquoise A2 card, then again with the pierced rectangle, and layered onto the darker turquoise card. Stamped the sentiment & added the poinsettia with a bit of foam tape, then tucked the red berries behind. I considered adding some turquoise sequins but decided to leave it simple. Done - a very easy card to create and I'm in love with the color combo!!

Be sure to visit Merry Monday this week for all the challenge details, gorgeous Design Team cards, and to upload your own creation. Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful week!

23 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love that beautiful red on that blue background Linda! So striking! An inspirational colour combo! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lin said...

Pretty! A favorite color combo!

Betty said...

love those colors for this week - wonderful card!

Cindy C. said...

Wow Linda this is beautiful!! That lovely die is the perfect backdrop for the red poinsettia!! Love the red sprigs of "greens" too.

Rosemary said...

seriously gorgeous take on the challenge, linda!! that poinsettia beautiful!!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow gorgeous colours Linda.

Jacqueline said...

Me, too - LOVE the gorgeous red flower!!

!neke said...

Great card !!!!!!

Linda said...

Linda, this is so pretty. Love that die and lovely poinsettia. Have a great week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Pretty flower and pretty die-cut background!

Samra said...

WOW! Stunning and so striking.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Jean said...

Lots of wonderful details to nicely showcase your focal image!

Dawn T said...

stunning colour combo Linda. This is a very elegant card.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous and elegant card Linda. Love the pretty poinsettia and the die cut background.

Unknown said...

Linda,
This is Stunning... I love the details and the background to make the Poinsettia just jump off the background. Have a great week?

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love the cutout on the panel behind the poinsettia! Gorgeous poinsettia as well! Have a wonderful week!

Greta said...

Striking & beautiful, Linda! I've never seen a turquoise poinsettia, but I sure love my deep pink one! The aqua makes a wonderful background for your red poinsettia!

Lady Joyful said...

Lovely card! Really striking.

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Linda!! Your Poinsettia is just lovely and I love that die cut background too...so pretty! Love the addition of the berries too!! Hope you're having a wonderful week! :0)

Bonnie said...

Wow! This beautiful poinsettia is so pretty against the turquoise background! Red poinsettias are my favorites although I love seeing the different colors and patterns that they come out with.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I saw a lot of purple poinsettias this Christmas. This is a gorgeous card Linda!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW! Wonderful die cut paired with this awesome poinsettia display!!!!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the die cuts and your gorgeous Poinsettia Linda, beautiful Christmas card.