Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Merry Monday #266 Santa

The jolly old man himself gets featured in Sue's fun challenge #266 at Merry Monday this week.

Photo Source

This summer I bought CC Design's "Making a List" Santa image and had to give it a go. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White and Black Licorice; Pop-tone Snow Cone
Stamps - CC Designs JD1074 Making a List; Penny Black 40-164 Christmas Story
Hero Arts CM100 Christmas Messages (ho, ho, ho); Impression Obsession CC177 Wooden Plank
Die - My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 13
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa; Tumbled Glass & Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
Other - Copic Markers; gold gel pen

I stamped the image in black and colored with Copic markers. I then used a black Copic calligraphy pen to emphasize some of the lines and shadows already part of the image. I used a gold gel pen on Santa's glasses; it went a bit wonky but, oh well....I masked the image and stamped the wood plank for a floor. I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and matted it with black, then adhered to a top fold A2 card stamped with text. I kept it simple with no other embellishments and a quick stamped sentiment.

Please check out Merry Monday for the Santa cards created by the rest of the Design Team and I hope you can join us this week! Thanks for stopping by and for all the kind comments!!

15 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Love the colours you used and your fabulous Santa image Linda great Christmas card.

Lin said...

Am I on that list? Love the blues mixed in with the reds, Linda!!

Linda said...

Oh what a great Santa, Linda. Great job coloring. Have a great week.

Karen L K said...

Very nice Santa card! Nicely done on the wood plank stamping which looks great under Santa. Nice coloring too.

Kelly Lunceford said...

What a fabulous image and your coloring is beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Linda. A gorgeous card.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow gorgeous traditional style card Linda.

Rosemary said...

absolutely fabulous, linda!! your coloring is just amazing!!

Jean said...

Wonderful job coloring this fun image!

JoAnn said...

Love that Santa image Linda and you colored him perfectly.

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful Santa image. I'm impressed with all the attention to detail on this card!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FABULOUS Santa image Linda...love it! And so beautifully colored too! (and his glasses look fine to me!!) Hope you've been having a great week!! :0)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Stunning! Such a beautifully coloured image!! His glasses look great to me too!

Greta said...

Wonderful coloring, Linda--fun card!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love this Santa image with his long list.