Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Inspiration photo at Merry Monday

Hi everyone - hope you didn't get blown away by storms yesterday! We had some powerful ones come through and ended up canceling an outdoor chorus performance in a park. Oh well, next year....

Kathy offers a beautiful inspiration photo for this week's Merry Monday challenge!


The main image has so many layers and wonderful details that it might be a bit overwhelming to decide where to go. My eye was drawn immediately to the sweet little deer on the second tier and I knew I had to use the fabulous Hero Arts Color Layering Deer set. Here's my card:

Deer with jar display
Supplies: Distress Inks - Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs, Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Black Soot
Stamps - Hero Arts CL985 Color Layering Deer, CL896 Winter Scene (jar), CM101 Vintage Christmas Wishes (sentiment)
Dies - Hero Arts DI309 Color Layering Deer Frame Cuts, Impression Obsession Pine Branch, My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13 (banner) and Leafy Greenery, Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Holiday Greens
Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co (JoAnn's) light blue A2 Card, Tim Holtz kraft metallics, various scraps of green, Heidi Swapp white glitter paper, My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side (patterned), Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Other - Michael's gems, foam tape, Copics

I had to laugh - I read the MM post shortly after 7a and launched into my card right after I started some laundry. Totally forgot to eat breakfast until I looked at the clock and saw it was already 10a! Quickly grabbed some eggs and finished my card & the laundry.

I started by stamping the sweet deer and free-hand cut a silver dish for my display. The jars in the inspiration photo appeared to be an old fashioned ivory so I stamped a jar on ivory dotted paper. Stamped and die cut a sentiment banner, the greens and the snowflake. Arranged it all to my liking and adhered to the card with glue and foam tape. Added some gems (the red ones were clear colored with a red Copic) - Done!

Be sure to check out the beautiful Design Team cards at Merry Monday this week! They all had some fantastic takes on the inspiration photo!! Thanks for stopping by!




14 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Love the beautiful layers and dimensions and the sweet deer!! Wonderful take from the inspiration photo Linda.

Linda said...

Wow, Linda you are always so quick to make a card and that's funny how time flies when you are crafting. Beautiful creation and thanks for always joining us at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

Love all the texture and dimension on this, Linda! That deer is amazing!

Rosemary said...

WOW!!! your card is absolutely amazing, linda!!! what a fabulous take on the inspiration photo!!

Marcia Hill said...

Totally in love with your GORGEOUS card Linda! Love all the layers of greenery surrounding that beautiful deer!! Lovely, lovely card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week! :0)

Jean said...

You amaze me how you so cleverly interpret these images! Just wow!
I wonder if that bad weather is what I felt flying home from DC. It was bumpy!

Greta said...

What a beautiful card, Linda! I really love the bits of sparkle & the gems colored red are perfect!

Barbetka said...

It's stunnig card, absolutely amazing :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Linda, your card is so striking -- absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the deer image and all the beautiful greenery on your card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Furrbster said...

A wonderful creation!

Hugz Tinz

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous, Linda! Lovely layers, and fabulous sparkle and shine. It's a wonderful way of creating a "collage-like" feel! hugs, de

Cindy C. said...

Whoo hoo congrats on your win Linda!!

Greta said...

I'm behind--just saw you won--hurrah! So well-deserved, Linda!