Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Night Before Christmas and Chorus news

Hey everyone - I'm back from an exciting Sweet Adelines Regional contest weekend but more on that later... First up, this week's Merry Monday challenge from Nina who wants us to use the theme of the Night Before Christmas.


I know I have some Night Before Christmas paper around here somewhere but haven't found it yet!! In my search, I happened upon a pad of My Mind's Eye paper, though. I found a piece with the final phrase of the famous poem "A Visit from St. Nicholas" by Clement Clarke Moore. Here's my card:

Night before Christmas Santa
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Pool folded card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, My Mind's Eye Christmas
Stamps - Hero Arts H5267 Santa with Gift (retired from 2009) & CG690 Confetti Bold Prints (on card)
Other - Copics, foam tape, Michael's gems, Hero Arts Soft Pool ink, snowflakes from ??

I can't help but brag a bit about my chorus City of Lakes who scored our highest ever (a bit higher than 2 yrs ago) at our Regional contest this past weekend! This will take us to the 2018 International Contest in St Louis. Here I am at center with my two roomies Connie and Pat (both of whom are International Quartet Champions with 4-Star Collection. My old Chord Company quartet lead and bass, Heidi & Jan, competed with their new quartet Spice and won. This qualifies them for the 2017 International contest in Las Vegas this October. Choruses go next year because it takes a lot of planning for that many people; it's easier to arrange for a quartet so they go the same year they win.

Regl roomies 2017

That's it for now. Chorus has a show coming up on May 21st so I'd better get practicing! Also, for any of you Twin Cities residents, we're doing a free concert at Como Park's Pavilion on May 7th. Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty week!!

15 comments:

Betty said...

Linda - you three look gorgeous and i'm sure the music you made was also!! congrats on the wins and gret scores!

your card is darling - love that skinny santa!

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations, what a fabulous picture of you lovely ladies.

Marcia Hill said...

Boy are you quick on the challenges Linda and what perfect paper you found to go along with your card...love it! And congrats on your win! Love your photo too!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Heather Doran said...

Wonderful photo of you, Connie and Pat! Big congrats again on getting such a high score at the Regional contest, it's fantastic that you'll be heading to the International Contest yet again next year!!

Your card is super cute with the fun Santa and the beautiful pp and snowy background!

Greta said...

Hurrah--big congrats, Linda! You 3 look absolutely beautiful & radiant--wish I could come hear you sing! Super creative & darling card--love that paper pad which I need to pull out & use!

Linda said...

Fun card, Linda. What a lovely picture and congrats to your group. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Rosemary said...

big congrats to you!! you look fabulous!!! your card is a perfect take on the mm challenge!!

Karen L K said...

Nice take on the Merry Monday theme! Nice Santa and the snowflakes look nice on there too! Congrats to you and your chorus group! You ladies are looking fab!

Cindy C. said...

Adorable card for the MMC Linda.
You ladies looks fabulous and congrats on your achievement!! Wishing you all the best in the next round of competition!

Jean said...

First off - congratulations on your accomplishment!!

And the card is a wonderful take on the challenge them.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great card Linda, I love all the patterns and layers you used. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

Susan Joyce said...

Love you skinny Santa and DSP Linda, lovely Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

Carmen said...

Distinguished Santa Claus prepared for Christmas.

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Linda, I love your vintage style St Nick. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! WOW!