Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

More Good Luck Cards

Another gloomy, rainy day yesterday so I had plenty of time to stay indoors and make cards! I'm sharing two more good luck cards for friends in quartets heading off to competition next week.

Good Luck Kites
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Midnight Layering Paper; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Michael's blue
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Sunny Skies and matching dies (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 21Impression Obsession Good Luck
Stencils - Hero Arts February 2017 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out) for the clouds
Other - Foam tape, Copic Markers and colored pencils for shading, gold gel pen, Michael's gems

I've had this Lawn Fawn set for ages but hadn't given it any love until now. I really had fun with the sweet kites and used one of the sentiments "reach for the sky" on the inside.

Balloon Good Luck
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Designer Floral Layering Paper (retired); Heidi Swapp glitter paper,
Michael's purple card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 26 & Clouds (retired); Impression Obsession Good Luck
Other - Foam tape, Michael's gems, Wink of Stella (on bow), Copic marker and white gel pen for shading 

I love the Blueprints set containing this balloon. I've used it several times for birthdays but thought it would be fun for a good luck card too. I made three versions of this card since it needed fewer steps than the kite card. That did it for my friends in quartets, then I realized I needed a card for our Director who'll be taking our chorus into the chorus contest. So I whipped up this card today:

Star Good Luck
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Midnight Layering Paper, American Crafts Christmas 6x6 (musical)
Other - foam tape, Michael's gems
Dies - Hero Arts Stars (retired); My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 21Impression Obsession Good Luck  

Next week I'll have to start making congrats cards so I'm ready to deliver them after the contest!
Thanks for stopping!!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

oh what a fabulous set of cards, linda!! I love the cute little kites on the first one!!

CinnamonSally said...

My you have been busy Linda, fantastic set of goods luck cards.

Greta said...

Hope all your friends do well in the contests, Linda! They certainly should be inspired by the wonderful cards you've made--love every one!

Jean said...

These are all fantastic! Wonderful combination of stamps, dies, colors and patterns!