Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Another CAS Christmas card

Back again with another CAS Christmas card for this week's Merry Monday. This time I went ahead and used the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch where I've visited but never played before. I had time this week and decided to jump into that pool too! Here's my card:

CAS Christmas
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White and a scrap of black
 Dies - My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 21
Inks - Hero Arts Intense Black, My Monthly Hero October 2015, Distress Embossing Ink
Stamps - My Monthly Hero October 2015, CL796 Peace Poinsettias, CL983 Holiday Messages and Frames
Other: Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder, Copic Markers

The large poinsettia was stamped in black and colored in Copics; the other stamped flowers are the color-layering type which had no outline. I felt they looked odd without it, given the large flower with an outline, so I added one with a black marker. Hope they don't look too weird!! Anyway - I felt the flowers needed something to tie them together so I started adding some blue shading. Well, my Copic blender pen ran dry and my B00 was none too juicy - this was not going the way I'd hoped! So I tried smooshing some regular old alcohol around the blue - was satisfied that it was usable at least! Another Christmas card done! 


 

Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

Greta said...

Love poinsettias & they were a great choice for the sketch, Linda!

Lin said...

Pretty, Linda! A lovely take on the challenge!

CinnamonSally said...

Very pretty, I love that poinsettia,

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done Linda! You're on a roll. :)

Jean said...

Absolutely stunning!

Rosemary said...

wow!! fabulous take on the cts layout, linda!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Karen L K said...

Nice poinsettias! I like that they are colored differently from each other.