Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Birthday florals

Hi everyone - I expect a busy summer so I'm trying to make cards ahead of time for upcoming birthdays. I was really inspired by the very talented Yana Smakula's post about her go-to card formula. I decided to try it with a twist. She uses gold metallic frames - I chose a glittery one and a plain card stock one for the two cards I'm sharing today.

Card 1 is for my great niece, Abby, who turns 18 - yikes!! Thought she'd like a little glitter this year.

Abby birthday flower
Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts pool and Neenah solar white; Anchor Paper vellum (pale green); Heidi Swapp glitter paper
Stamps: Hero Arts CL661 It's Your Day (sentiment) and April 2016 My Monthly Hero (flowers/leaves)
Dies: Simon Says Stamp and My Favorite Things stitched rectangles; Hero Arts Spring Branch; 
MFT doily with the center cut out with a circle die.
Other: Copic Markers; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Wink of Stella

Card 2 was made for a 24-hr Scramble going on over at the Hero Arts Flickr group, hosted by Lisa. She offered a lovely floral inspiration photo with lots of teals and purples. The Scramble started at 1p EDT today so you still have plenty of time to play. This card was completed, photographed and uploaded within 90 minutes as the Scramble rules require. I decided to use the same formula since all the stuff was still out on my craft space.

Happy birthday teal flower
Supplies: Hero Arts Mixed Floral layering paper (purples); teal paper from stash; Neenah Solar White
Dies: Spellbinders Elegant Ovals (S4-425) and nested oval (to cut the hole); 
Hero Arts April 2016 My Monthly Hero kit (flower stamp and die); Spring Branch
Tim Holtz mini-stencil; Cracked Pistachio and Wilted Violet Distress inks; gem from Michael's

Now I'd better get busy on Father's Day cards, then I'm good for June at least! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!!

5 comments:

Betty said...

both cards are so pretty Linda - and thanks for the reminder about the scramble - almost forgot it.

Greta said...

Oh wow, Linda--these are beautiful! I especially love the first one with that gorgeous glitter paper which I have & need to use! Forgot to check the Scramble schedule, so glad to read about it here. Have a great weekend!

Karen L K said...

Really nice Linda! Good to be ahead of the game. I'm not sure I know about that. Ha

Cat Craig said...

gorgeous cards Linda, and absolutely genius to cut the middle from that doily to create an ornate frame. Thanks for the scramble heads up.

Barbara Godden said...

both cards are gorgeous, I love how you designed it with the sentiment in the open space of the die cut.