Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

New Beginnings and a thank you card

Happy Saturday everyone! It's a new beginning for me - I retired from my career of nearly 38 years with the Social Security Administration yesterday!! I enjoyed the work thoroughly but felt it was time to leave - while I still have the energy to enjoy other things. Here I am with coworker Mai who gave me the sweet mini orchid:

And here's a photo from my work luncheon holding the springtime cake they provided:


After work I enjoyed Happy Hour at Joseph's Grill just across the Mississippi River from downtown St Paul. Coworkers, retired coworkers, family and friends joined me there for some delicious food & drink!

On my first day of retirement I was awake before 5a.m. - so much for sleeping in.... I made my card for next weeks Merry Monday post (I'll be guest designer) then I ran some errands. I came home in time for today's Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr Group. Charlene's theme - Mix it Up (use stamps from multiple sets). Here's my card:

 Supplies: Stamps - Hero Arts: CL663 Thanks a Bunch, CL943 Color Layering Bouquet, 
plus a few bits from a couple other layering sets; Simon Says Stamp: Falling Hearts background
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks; paper: Hero Arts Cerulean; Neenah Solar White

I have plenty more thank you cards to make for all the retirement gifts I received! I'll be kept busy for the first week anyway!! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Congratulations on your retirement! I love your cheerful card!

I follow Merry Monday's blog so I will look forward to seeing what you post there.

Betty said...

looks like you've had a busy weekend so far - retirement is the best invention ever!!

Lin said...

Congratulations, Linda! Enjoy your retirement! You look lovely in these photos!

Cindy C. said...

Congratulations to your retirement Linda!! It sure looks like you have a fun day already. :)

laurie said...

Happy retirement! You will love it.... more time for cards!Such a cute thank you card,too!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my, I am SO glad that you post the photos and share this huge milestone with us Congratulations, Linda! Your Scramble card is gorgeous! the colors just POP!! Now I am sure you are going to enjoy taking it easy! Big hugs to you!

Dawn T said...

Happy retirement. Loved your scramble card - so pretty and colourful bunch of flowers. Enjoy your "free" time! I am sure you will be very busy.

Greta said...

Happy, happy retirement, Linda--glad you had a good celebration! 38 years is long enough & I wish you wonderful days of leisure & more time for stamping! I have a few extra shifts right now & I'll be glad to go back to my 1 day/month schedule--haha! Your scramble card is so cheerful & pretty & can't wait to see your GDT one for MM!

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Retirement Linda, you will love all the time you have to craft, I wonder how I ever had time to work LOL. Your scramble card is a beauty!

Lucille K said...

Oh Linda, I'm happy for you. Happy Retirement!! Now you can make cards and sing to your heart's delight. Only a few more years for me, can't wait. Your friend, Lucille xoxo

Cat Craig said...

Congratulations! Retirement is fabulous. Your card was such a spot of wonderful bright color in the scramble, so pretty.

Bonnie said...

You look much too young to be retired, Linda. You must have been a teenager when you started working. Love this sweet bouquet! Congratulations and best wishes on your retirement!

JD/ Jill said...

Happy Retirement to you! Enjoy!