Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Blue and White with Texture




Merry Monday, everyone! It's always merry when I can make a card on my day off! This week's challenge at Merry Monday is a color combo - use blue and white with some texture - courtesy of Lesley. Right away I went to the embossing folder stash, planning to ink the white embossed paper with blue ink. As usual, the ink went on more than the embossed portion so I continued adding with a lighter blue and then edged the paper with a darker blue. I stamped and white embossed my sentiment directly on the card base, then stamped a tone-on-tone blue snowflake background. I popped the embossed snowflake onto the card with foam and added some crystal domes. Done!

Here's my card:

Merry Snowflake

Supplies: 
Stamps - Hero Arts CL630 Miracle of the Holidays (sentiment), CG685 Hand Drawn Snowflakes Bold Prints 
Embossing folder - Sizzix/Hero Arts 658287 Snowflakes Set
Inks: Hero Arts Cornflower Blue; Ranger Embossing Ink; Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass
Embossing Powder: Stampendous Detail White
Gems: Michael's Reflections crystal domes

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out Merry Monday for more blue and white inspiration!

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful creation for MM, Linda. Love that octagon surrounding that snowflake.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Colleen said...

I love snowflakes and your card is so pretty! Great way to add your color! Thank you for playing with us at Merry Monday!

!neke said...

Beautiful !
Love the blue !

Cindy C. said...

Blue, white and snowflake, what a beautiful recipe!!

Becca Cruger said...

What a gorgeous, crisp creation! Love the fact that you put that big ol' snowflake in the foreground, but then stamped the little ones in the background. Amazing design idea! Thank you for the sweet compliment on my card! I'm happy to report I'm your newest follower.

Creating with Susan said...

I love the embossed background. Great card!

Bonnie said...

Such a beautiful, big snowflake, Linda! Love that subtle background too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

So pretty! I just love all those snowflakes!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)