Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Happy 60th Mom & Dad!

Just had to do a post for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary today - congrats, Mom & Dad!! Since the 60th is the diamond anniversary, I cut a diamond shape and then 2 mats for the card base using the Silhouette (design by Jamie Koay). The beauty of the Silhouette is the ability to resize and reshape as desired - it this case, I elongated the diamond and mats from the original. I used clear embossing ink and sparkly embossing powder on the diamond shape. The banner and birdies are from Lawn Fawn (bannerific clear set) and the sentiment and #s are by Hero Arts. I hand lettered the "th" for the 60th. Here's the card:

Happy 60th

Besides sending happy wishes to my parents, I thank them for a loving home and for raising me and my siblings to be strong, independent people. Here's to many more years together!!

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, congratulations to your Mom and Dad! Your Diamond card is perfect! I am sure that you are so thrilled for them about this huge milestone! Your card is going to be treasured by your parents!!

Cindy C. said...

A huge congrats goes to your parents!! It is truly a special occasion and your card is perfect!! I'd bet they'd be tickled pink to receive it!