Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Day for Stars!

photo credit

Hi everyone - it's been a busy week with little time for crafting.

Today I finally had a chance to finish a card for Merry Monday!

This week's challenge by Bonnie is to use a star on your card   Well, I have plenty of star stamps, dies, embellies, you name it!  But I went to the Silhouette to cut a fun shape called Christmas Tree Star Flourish by Totally Jamie.  After I cut the flourish in green paper, I over-stamped it with the Hero Arts Envelope Liner Background for some texture, then backed it with some dotted red paper.  I also cut a couple offset pieces from white card stock to form a card base.  I added a bunch of Doodlebug star gems and some Hero Arts gems and pearls.  Here's my card:


I saved the leftover stars from the digi cut - they'll find their way to another project, I'm sure!  And speaking of stars, I made a star birthday card for my nephew's 17th birthday coming up next week.  This was a very simple card using a new Stamp and Cut set from Hero Arts called Happy.  Love these new sets with the single word die and a bunch of little stamps to go with it.  Here's the card:


I used a Hero Arts pool card base with swallows layering payer, a strip (plus the numbers) from Basic Grey paper, a die cut star made from DCWV corrugated cardstock, and the die cut "Happy" from white cardstock.  Since it's for a teenaged guy, I left off sequins, gems, etc. that might otherwise have found their way onto the card.  I left it with stamping the word birthday from the bunch of little words included in the set.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!  I'm off to clean up my crafty mess since my brother's bringing his cat over for a visit.  Misty is just a little toooooo interested in crafty items, especially paper and ribbon!

Thanks for stopping!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a pretty tree, Linda! And I love that you stamped it to give it some "texture"! Love the birthday card too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Linda said...

What a pretty Christmas tree .... great birthday card too. Linda xx