Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Scramble time

Hi all - if you're looking for my Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop post, go here.

Cold but sunny day in Minnesota - perfect weather to stay indoors and do Leni's Scramble!  We on the Hero Arts Flickr Group enjoy these every couple of weeks, taking only 90 minutes to design, create, photograph and upload a project based on the host's theme.  Today Leni threw out the theme of Wood - it could be woodgrain paper or stamping, tree images, things made of wood, etc.  I ran immediately for my Hero Arts Woodgrain pattern (had to dig a bit through my design blocks but I found it - yay!).  Stamped it on the sorta minty green paper from Basic Grey's True Love collection, using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  I just bought some wood veneer heart pieces by Studio Calico so those were handy.  I swiped the heart with Picked Raspberry Distress ink and heated it to set quickly.  I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment also using Picked Raspberry ink.  Decided to add a strip of patterned paper (also from True Love) and a bit of ribbon from Hero Arts.  Oh - Bazzill white card base which was cut - just had to score and fold.  I had just finished using the other 1/2 of the cardstock for another card (will share that in future...) so the white was handy!  Love when that happens!!  So here's my card:

Scramble with wood

I am a fast Scrambler usually - I think quickly, create quickly and then settle back to comment as the others submit their projects.  This card was done in 20 minutes - would've been quicker but I always fiddle with the ribbon!  Don't you love the sequins?  They are Christmas ones from Lawn Fawn but who would know? 

The great thing, my two sisters have been working on cards in Arizona today.  I told them they should Scramble too & I texted them the theme.  Well, sorry to say that Tami pooped out but Kari came through with this beauty she calls "Wooden Clock":

Wooden clock

She used our favorite string twine by May Arts and some lovely papers from CM Wieland Printery collection.  The Hero Arts stamp used is the Flourish Design Block - so pretty, tone on tone.  And she loves her pearls - love how they accent her papers!

Finally - just have to send warm birthday wishes to my Hero Hostess Sista, Sally - her birthday is TODAY and luckily the card I sent her across the pond to England, reached her in time - yay!  Here's the card I sent:

Sally bday 2014

I used another new Hero Arts 2014 set:  Messages with Flourish - love the font for the beautiful sentiments in this set!!  The flower is from another clear set Things We Love and the background is dry embossed with a Sizzix for Hero Arts folder - Flourishes (swiped it with Hero Arts soft pool ink).  Well, that's it for today - thanks for stopping! 

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Linda. I missed this scramble.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, and especially the one you sent to me. I also missed this scramble no time yesterday!

Virginia L. said...

It's so fun to read your process of making these two gorgeous cards! You are a miracle worker for Scramble, Linda! Glad that your sis joined the fun!

Robin K. said...

I really admire how quickly your scramble card came together Linda! It's such a trendy design- love it! Would take me forever to come up with it! And I can see talent runs in your family:). Stay warm- it's been frosty here but not like you're getting in Minn.!

ionabunny said...

Hi Linda, just thought I'd pop over from CCC to say hi. Actually I was here the other day for the Hero Arts hop. Isn't it a small world!! Gosh impressed you can work so fast. Things seem to take me ages. Not sure I would be so good at the scramble. Fab card. Love the woodgrain. Love the blue happy birthday card. The tone on tone embossing is gorgeous. Have a great day, Gail in Norway